Determined

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 2, 2020
Hey everyone my DD is diagnosed with ADHD and is playing 12u fastpitch. She is a pitcher and she plays some infield and outfield. She does great when her pitching coach is teaching her and she does great during games. My only problem that were having is her hitting. She does great when training at home and she does great with the hitting coach which is also the asst. coach of team and she is C.u.d.i.t certified. She has been seeing her for over year now and both of us are puzzled and confused why she hasn’t hit in a real game. We know it will take time, we have tried a lot of training exercises and she does really well. We talk to her before her at bat about loading her feet and remember to move her front leg when she is about to swing. When she is at the plate it’s like she is either nervous, not picking up the ball from the pitchers hand but when she swings it’s all arms no legs. She been playing travel for about 3yrs and she is good pitcher. Just trying to figure out the hitting. Does anyone know or have the same issue with some players about swinging or being nervous and or even picking up the ball from the pitcher.

Jun 8, 2016
Hitting is hard enough without having a million things running through your head at the plate and this might even be more true with ADHD. Tell her to develop a routine eg take a deep breath, right foot in the box, left foot in box, tap the plate then get into her stance and get herself a good pitch to mash.

Jul 2, 2020
Hitting is hard enough without having a million things running through your head at the plate and this might even be more true with ADHD. Tell her to develop a routine eg take a deep breath, right foot in the box, left foot in box, tap the plate then get into her stance and get herself a good pitch to mash.
I will try to definitely try that thx for the suggestion.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
if she has enough relaxed focus/ concentration to pitch she should be able to apply similar technique to hitting. DD uses a knee knee release mentality. Come game time -see ball -hit ball. When she masters that then see ball- hit line drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802