Demarini Prism Plus vs CF 2021

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 31, 2021
First part was paying 400 for a Mantra...shop around and you wont spend so much. And take advantage of
the weight database on here...or dont be afraid to ask questions.

Lots on here that can help you on bat questions
She loves that bat. Everytime I talk about a different one she gets mad lol. Right now her head is the only thing holding her back so happiness is key. I've seen her smash the ball with it and seen her not be able to hit a beach ball lol. Started hitting lessons and now she questions every swing so much she cant focus on making contact. I'm sure the lesson are teaching great mechanics but she is way overthinking when at the plate. We've tried a few different ones at practice with same results so it isnt the bat.

Nov 9, 2019
Finally got to try out the Marucci Echo conrnect this evening. 13 yo loved it and we will be ordering one. New it is considerable hotter than her 34-10 Prism that she has had for a year.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
She loves that bat. Everytime I talk about a different one she gets mad lol. Right now her head is the only thing holding her back so happiness is key. I've seen her smash the ball with it and seen her not be able to hit a beach ball lol. Started hitting lessons and now she questions every swing so much she cant focus on making contact. I'm sure the lesson are teaching great mechanics but she is way overthinking when at the plate. We've tried a few different ones at practice with same results so it isnt the bat.
Never think to much hitting...thats the first lesson. I dont care what people try and teach :)

May 6, 2022
Sorry to bring up an older thread. But first time softball dad. And I am debating between the CF, Prism+, or maybe the Spryte for a cheaper alternative.

My daughter is 7 and pretty short. She currently swings a Walmart Worth (27/-10) and landing balls near the edge of the OF on her better hits. And makes consistent contact (coach pitch). Reading here and other places it seems the Prism+ might be best for beginners, but the CF seems to be the hotter bat. I definitely want to upgrade her bat, but also want something she can grow into and hopefully last into 10u. I don't think she will outgrow the 28/-11 anytime soon and can probably swing it soon enough for coach pitch.

Recommendations?

Jun 7, 2020
We just bought a 2021 demarini prism+. My dd is a 13 yr old 5'9 and 150lbs. She's a power hitter. She has swung many bats over the past 3 weeks or so. She fell in love with the prism+. To me it feels like a slight end load. Not a whole lot but some. I know it's supposed to be balanced but I'm just going by my feel. Last night in her first game with the prism+ she hit the ball off the base of the fence.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
We just bought a 2021 demarini prism+. My dd is a 13 yr old 5'9 and 150lbs. She's a power hitter. She has swung many bats over the past 3 weeks or so. She fell in love with the prism+. To me it feels like a slight end load. Not a whole lot but some. I know it's supposed to be balanced but I'm just going by my feel. Last night in her first game with the prism+ she hit the ball off the base of the fence.
I'm glad it worked out for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478