Demarini Prism Plus vs CF 2021

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 31, 2021
Bought my daughter a Rawlings mantra 30/20 drop 10. Realized it is way too much bat for her compared to the well balanced Demarini and the fact it is way overweight and feels very end loaded. What is the difference between the Prism plus and the 2021 CF? She cant stand the way a ghost feels for some reason. I lost $400 bucks so I am a little disturbed lol. She has a little power but struggles on timing. She is 4'7" about 105 lbs but is strong. She used Demarini in the past.

Sep 19, 2018
I'd say swing them both and see. But unfortunately, the prism is nicer looking to that alone will probably sway her thought processes. I know my dd made her short list of bats to try based soley on looks.

Jul 26, 2021
My DD swung a 2021 CF all year, took some swings to break it in. She hits 4th led the team with HR (in the park obviously) and RBI's, after seeing her success two other girls that hit well bought the same bat. She's 9 75lbs 4'8" hers is 29" -11. I just picked up a Mantra 30in -10 im hoping its not too much but regardless Im gonna pick up another CF for tee work because they're tough and she hits a lot of balls and if she can handle the 30 -10 Im gonna get her a ghost before the fall season starts if not I'll get it in -11. Im getting ready to sell the 29in CF if your interested we may be able to work out a deal, bought it in april.

Jan 3, 2021
Dd uses the new prism and really likes it. The bat is really balanced but also has a good amount of pop. Definitely made more for a contact hitter than a power hitter though. Dd is quite small and is a slapper so she uses the prism to slap and really likes the balanced light swinging feel of the prism. She’s tried the cf and also really liked that bat but in the end there was just something about the prism she liked more (in all honesty it was probably the way the bat looked). Overall both bats are very nice and are definitely good choices. Both are made for smaller contact hitters (and both are quite popular with slappers) but I think the cf might have a tiny bit more pop in it. Greatly recommend both but I might recommend the prism slightly more.

Jul 31, 2021
My DD is 4'7 about 105 lbs. The 30" inch Mantra is just too much for her. It is hot as heck but she cant control it. She isn't a power hitter but has a some strength. Her Mantra weighs in at 21.3 oz and feels end loaded like crazy. Domt want to go drop 12. Would like a drop 11 that is close to stated weight. Looking at LXT, Prism +, and the CF. Also a ghost I guess lol. A tad end loaded isn't that bad but this Mantra feels even to me like it has a brick on the end. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Sep 19, 2018
CF and Mizuno Power Carbon are both balanced and come in very close to weight. Both great bats.

Jul 31, 2021
My DD swung a 2021 CF all year, took some swings to break it in. She hits 4th led the team with HR (in the park obviously) and RBI's, after seeing her success two other girls that hit well bought the same bat. She's 9 75lbs 4'8" hers is 29" -11. I just picked up a Mantra 30in -10 im hoping its not too much but regardless Im gonna pick up another CF for tee work because they're tough and she hits a lot of balls and if she can handle the 30 -10 Im gonna get her a ghost before the fall season starts if not I'll get it in -11. Im getting ready to sell the 29in CF if your interested we may be able to work out a deal, bought it in april.
I want her to stick with the 30" just in a lighter more balanced bat.

Aug 8, 2016
We have the 2020 CF and the original prism (either 2019 or 2020, don't remember the year for sure). Both in 31 -11. The prism is an ounce overweight. The CF is right on the number. We have had all of the -11 balanced demarinis since the CF5 (but not the 2021) and she definitely likes the 2020 CF the best. She never liked the prism much as the sound bothered her too much.

Jan 3, 2021
We have the 2020 CF and the original prism (either 2019 or 2020, don't remember the year for sure). Both in 31 -11. The prism is an ounce overweight. The CF is right on the number. We have had all of the -11 balanced demarinis since the CF5 (but not the 2021) and she definitely likes the 2020 CF the best. She never liked the prism much as the sound bothered her too much.
I feel like the sound of the prism is either a thing the kids really love or really hate. My dd personally loves the sound the prism makes (at first she thought it was dead but over time she got used to it and really started to enjoy the sound). I swear that whenever a bat performs slightly worse than usual or has a weird sound to it my dd insists that the bat is “dead” and that she needs a new bat. Then next tournament when she starts hitting good again she’s just like “Well I guess I was wrong and I don’t need that new bat anymore” 🙃

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
First part was paying 400 for a Mantra...shop around and you wont spend so much. And take advantage of
the weight database on here...or dont be afraid to ask questions.

Lots on here that can help you on bat questions

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee