Demarini cf9

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2012
Kenmore, WA
If this is a used bat the buyer has no idea how much it was used or in what manner. Paying more than $100 for a used bat, even "lightly" used seems questionable. My daughter's CF9 32/22 is now my fungo. It probably isn't a bat anyone would want to pay money to buy. I will likely just give it to some young girl in our org whose parents can't afford a new bat.

Feb 19, 2016
Texas
If this is a used bat the buyer has no idea how much it was used or in what manner. Paying more than $100 for a used bat, even "lightly" used seems questionable. My daughter's CF9 32/22 is now my fungo. It probably isn't a bat anyone would want to pay money to buy. I will likely just give it to some young girl in our org whose parents can't afford a new bat.
There is definitely a market for good condition, quality bats, and it generally comes in above the $100 mark. When my father heard what we pay for a bat, he winced in pain. MSRP on a top bat is $350-$400 these days, inflated used prices are just an extension of that. The drop 11's are particularly harder to find it seems, and it's still supply v. demand. Whether it's questionable or not, the market pretty much sets itself. Personally, I figure a bat without warranty that's "new in wrapper" is worth about half new value to me, and any use takes it down a bit from there. I don't put value on buying say a CF-6 for more than the CF-Zen current price because it was a "hotter" bat, but some people are looking for a particular bat for that reason. As far as ebay is concerned, there's a little more buyer beware involved. When buying from a forum like this one, you have a little more ability to discern the bat's condition. Stay away from a bat from the guy with the "My DD won't stop hitting rocks!" post.

That being said, we have several dad's that pass down really nice used bat's to younger kids that need them. I applaud that generosity, but there's certainly nothing wrong with recouping cost from a prior purchase to help offset the cost of the next one.

Feb 19, 2016
Texas
P.S. I recently purchased a used bat from a forum member for over $100, and my DD and I are very pleased with the value. I assume that both parties in the transaction are very happy.

Jul 17, 2012
Kenmore, WA
If the buyer and the seller are happy with whatever price then more power to them. I was more speaking to buyer beware than judging anyone for buying or selling used bats. As long as the buyer is comfortable knowing the bat may last for years, or may break next week, then used bats can be a significant savings. Given that previous model year bats can be had with warranty for very reasonable prices that is the way we have gone. Others can do as works best for them.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
P.S. I recently purchased a used bat from a forum member for over $100, and my DD and I are very pleased with the value. I assume that both parties in the transaction are very happy.

I have given bats away too. I bought a used Cf6 from Jag I think for $100. It looks like a used bat, ,been though hell. If DD is struggling she still pick it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28