Demarini CF9 - Screw Near Knob Coming Out

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 21, 2016
DD has a CF9 and a screw is slightly coming out of the handle near the knob. I'm assuming this little screw has something to do with connecting the knob to the handle. I haven't taken the wrap off yet, so right now it is just bump under the wrap.

Anybody have any ideas why this is coming out? Can I remove the wrap and screw back in?

The bat is less than a year old and still under warranty?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Would need to see pic to see what you are talking about (do you mean coming out from under the knob sticker or sticking out of the handle sideways)?

As for warranty, as long as you have a receipt from an authorized dealer and its not a warranty or NR bat already

Oct 21, 2016
Would need to see pic to see what you are talking about (do you mean coming out from under the knob sticker or sticking out of the handle sideways)?

As for warranty, as long as you have a receipt from an authorized dealer and its not a warranty or NR bat already

Sticking out of the handle sideways less than an inch from the knob. If you just looked at it you would say there is a rock under the grip, but you can slightly hammer it back into the handle and then it works it's way back out again. It might not be a screw, it just feels like something of that nature.

How does the knob connect to a composite bat? Or is the handle one piece with the knob connected?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I have seen that on a couple Demar sp bats...possible that the handle knob is held by a rivet type thing and the rivet it just popping out a bit.

Each company does their own thing, so its not across the board with construction. But since I have seen in on sp, assuming the same is done on fp bats

May 19, 2017
I have put new grips on quite a few Demarini's. They all have the knob pinned on. You should be able to tap it back in with a hammer and punch.

If it keeps getting loose I would glue it.

Oct 21, 2016
I have put new grips on quite a few Demarini's. They all have the knob pinned on. You should be able to tap it back in with a hammer and punch.

If it keeps getting loose I would glue it.

I've tapped it back in and it comes back out. Any idea if this would fall under the warranty? Just got this bat about 3 months ago so doesn't seem like I should have to be gluing knob pin.

May 19, 2017
I called Demarini when one of my daughters bats had a rattle when it was under warranty. They said send it back they will either fix it or replace it. They ended up sending us a voucher. I would call them, but i am pretty sure that would be covered by the warranty.

Oct 21, 2016
Just wanted to provide an update for anyone that find this thread in the future. The bat was sent back to Demarini and they fully warrantied it due to the pin coming out of the handle near the knob. Brand new CF Zen replacement on way.IMG_1313.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee