Demarini CF8 Drop 11

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2019
That is a confusing bat. There seems to be 4-5 different models of the CF8; Sprite, insane, hope, slapper, and some military version.

Which one is the hot CF8??
Sprite = drop 11, but I don't think they use that name anymore
Insane = end loaded
Hope = balanced bat. Special edition colors and a portion of the purchase price goes to breast cancer awareness
Slapper = balanced with a larger barrel and grip wrapped the opposite way for lefties.
Military Version = don't know about that one, but there was some black special edition awhile ago.

They are all hot, but I always contested that the drop 11's were the hottest in the lineup and the Slapper was way underrated.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I always wished I could see into the future which certain bats will go nuts in price years after they are out.

Slowpitch is worse, a couple years after bats are out, certain bats will for some reason skyrocket in price on ebay and whackos
will pay huge money for them. Even bats nobody even wanted when they were out, will all of a sudden go ballistic for a year
then back to nothing as quick as they came in.

I would have stashed bats and made so much more money.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Sprite = drop 11, but I don't think they use that name anymore
Insane = end loaded
Hope = balanced bat. Special edition colors and a portion of the purchase price goes to breast cancer awareness
Slapper = balanced with a larger barrel and grip wrapped the opposite way for lefties.
Military Version = don't know about that one, but there was some black special edition awhile ago.

They are all hot, but I always contested that the drop 11's were the hottest in the lineup and the Slapper was way underrated.

I think they changed the insane name as well now

May 29, 2019
Its ridiculous how much people are trying to get for these. Just did a quick search on ebay only for -11's and this is what they have:
31/20- 790
32/21- 740
33/22- 690
30/19- 649 (two of these available)
29/18- 599
I see auctions like this on eBay all the time, but I never see them sell at these prices.

May 12, 2016
She loved the CF8 -11, but I would never pay those prices, it's ridiculous. Why wouldn't a bat company simply create a new bat in their lineup with all the same technology of a successful historic bat?

Funny how performance varies with different models per user. I didn't like the CF7, then again there was a girl on my DD's team who launched bombs with this bat.

Feb 26, 2018
My DD loved her -11 CF8, really liked her -11 CFX, and really likes her -10 CFX. Her Prism is her gamer though. If DeMarini came out and said "here's a CF8 with a new paint job", people would be throwing their money at them. But the new tech is "better" right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478