DeMarini CF6 vs. Easton FS1 vs. Louisville Slugger TPS Xeno

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

My DD is a current 10-year-old who will play 12U starting in August. She's big (5'3", 120 lbs), strong (she's put two out this year in games on fields with 200' fences) and has great bat speed.

she claims to prefer the feel of an end load but I am reluctant to go to a fully end-loaded bat for a girl so young.

Talk me into or out of the three bats mentioned in title, all drop -10. Thanks!

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I've seen plenty of 10 year olds hit with RTs. You can probably pick up a used one at a reasonable price. If she can handle an end-loaded bat, and you want her to have a -10, the RocketFlex is a great bat. My DD loves it.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
We have never had an fs1...but I don't think you could do wrong with any of them.

Dd currently uses a cf6 only. IMO it is getting hotter and I didn't think it was "hot out of the wrapper". Xeno are great, yes some break, but they are also being used about 10 times more than other bats.

The xeno feels a bit more endloaded then the cf6. We have a RT also...so nothing feels endloaded at all compared to that, even one of our players cf5 insanes.

Nov 21, 2012
New England
DD has an fs1 and a cf6 both 31/21 and prefers the cf6. Haven't weighed them but cf6 definitely feels a little lighter and fs1 a little stiffer.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
Find a place where she can swing one in a cage with the wrapper on and hit foam balls off a tee. I promise you it is worth all the money you will save in buying the right piece of equipment. My DD is a 10 yo. about 4' 11" 95 lbs. She thought she was going to LOVE the Easton Brigade series bats and the Xeno. She hatred them. She LOVED and now hits really well with the DM CF5. I held the CF6 last weekend that an older player know bought. There is a significant difference between the CF5 and the CF6. Just let her swing them. Then she can FEEL it and make a decision. m2c

Feb 4, 2009
FS1s just aren't the same as the previous years Stealths in my opinion. Maybe they have a break-in period that we haven't achieved yet but the bats that kids I'm involved with just don't have the pop of the Stealths. I think a lot of folks are finding the same thing to be the case. On eBay the 2011&2012 Stealths went from going for $170-$200 early this year to $350-$400 at the moment.

If your looking for easton I suggest a 2011,2012 or wait til the 2014 come out.

Jan 24, 2011
The FS1 is an excellent bat. There really isnt any difference between them and last year's Stealth. As a matter of fact , last years Stealth was getting beating up a little and being called a dud as well. Now would be the time to get an FS1 if you find a deal. I am willing to bet that the prices will be up on these next year (and there will be questions about the 2014 models :))

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812