Demarini CF Reviews

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 25, 2014
My DD finally busted her Demarini CF5. So we are in the market for a new one since finding a CF5 will be difficult. Don't really hear a whole lot on Demarini much anymore. So what's the word on new demarini's. Are they still competitive with Easton, Louisville slugger?

Feb 24, 2022
My 12U daughter has a 2020 31" (-10) CF and she really likes it. Very light swinging bat with good pop. I had the opportunity to pick up a 2020 32" (-10) CF used (not even a mark on it) and now that is her primary bat. It's a bat that's evenly balanced and very easy to swing, plus it's extremely durable. We're very happy with it. DeMarini are definitely up there with the other top manufacturers, the Prism and CF are always rated very highly each year. It all depends on what feel your daughter likes. Some prefer end loaded and others more balanced.

Dec 16, 2021
My DD,(13 plays 14u) just this year changed over to a CF from a ghost. I was tired of making the exchange with the ghost. I know the CF is not fully broken in yet but there is no difference so far in her overall performance. Now we have only played a total of 14 indoor games but my daughter loves it. We got the return of the ghost and will only use it if the CF breaks. Ive returned 3 ghosts in the last calander year(I pushed my luck and was fortunate they replaced this one), no way will they replace it a 4th time since April of 2021. I cant say enough good things on how Easton stands behind their product, and has taken back a total of 6 bats in 2 years, but its just too inconvenient to be at a tourney without "your bat".

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My DD finally busted her Demarini CF5. So we are in the market for a new one since finding a CF5 will be difficult. Don't really hear a whole lot on Demarini much anymore. So what's the word on new demarini's. Are they still competitive with Easton, Louisville slugger?
That CF5 was a beast. My daughter still has her CF4 Hope bat from years ago, and I'd put it against any bat on the market now.

The CF line is great. Yes, so many girls use the Ghost now, but a ton of colleges use DeMarini and use the CF bats. They are light swinging unless you go with a -9 or -8. They did away with the FNX this year, so the only direct connection is the -8, which is really for power hitters anyway.

If you're looking for a good price on one, text me at 631-942-3516. We carry all the Wilson lines.

Dec 19, 2021
DD went to a hitting clinic at a local D1 school. One of her former teammates was there as well with a new CF, 33-24. She was pounding the ball. Hit one over the 30-foot net behind the 220' center field fence.

We saw her at a camp a couple weeks later. The thing I noticed then is the sound. The CF is real quiet, so the outfielders would get fooled thinking the ball wasnt hit hard, then it went over their heads.

Feb 24, 2022
We saw her at a camp a couple weeks later. The thing I noticed then is the sound. The CF is real quiet, so the outfielders would get fooled thinking the ball wasnt hit hard, then it went over their heads.
This is 100% true - my daughter is at hitting lessons and all I hear is LXT's and Ghosts with the "snap" sound, but she's there with her CF crushing the ball and you barely hear a thing. Again, it all comes down to personal preference of the feel of the bat.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
CFs have no inner tech, never have. So you are never going to get any sound. Its always going to be that
flexy, soft feel and quiet thud off the barrel.
Shouldnt be a surprise as they have been made that way for a long time.

May 19, 2017
DD will still use her cf 8 but doesn't like her cf zen. She says the newer cfs feel too flexy.

Sent from my KFTRPWI using Tapatalk

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Tried the Ghost. Daughter liked the pop of the Ghost but those bats spent more time in the mail than they did in my daughter's bat bag. We were lucky if a Ghost bat would last 6 weeks.

Went back to the Demarini CF. Never had an issue with a CF bat not lasting a year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101