Defensive measuring stick

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2018
Do Tic Tok dances count as creeping? I think I might prefer that to the locked knee, glove under the armpit look.

Jun 26, 2019
At U10-U18 is actual performance the defensive measuring stick or is there none?

Depends what you are trying to measure. Who is the best defender at the 10u tournament you are playing this week? Or what 14u player will be the best shortstop for the collage team you are scouting for 4 years from now? Which JV player will be best on the varsity team next year?

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
Depends what you are trying to measure. Who is the best defender at the 10u tournament you are playing this week? Or what 14u player will be the best shortstop for the collage team you are scouting for 4 years from now? Which JV player will be best on the varsity team next year?
This is a topic I raised because in a previous thread the prevailing opinion was there are many ways to hit and that it was the outcome that counted. No age was group inferred. So is the same assumption made for defenders and technique or lack there of?

Jun 26, 2019
As with anything results are what matters I suppose, but I guess the point I was trying to make is that it may throw the system out the window if you are trying to project who will be better, which is what you are trying to do most of time. We would need mlb like stats and measurements for all kinds of confusion crap to really answer that just to decide precisely who has played the best so far. And usually its really who will be best is what we are actually looking for, which opens up a whole new can of worms of a discussion.
It really depends how far out you are trying to decide between players. If you have a given team and you are wondering which one of your two 3rd basemen to play and which to sit for the tourney this weekend you probably go with results. If you are wondering Who to recruit for next season, maybee you re arrange your priorities and maybe put more emphasis on athletic ability than what you can teach her between now and next season vs her past, anything you measure is past performance. Guess we have to figure outs above average for all the 10 and 12 u infielders. If anyone can figure those stats out, id like to see them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812