Defense

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2019
Oh yeah. Plenty of losses lost by a run or two. Sometimes they just hit it to the gaps whereas we hit it directly to them. It's part of the game.

Oct 4, 2018
Yup.

My DD is holding her own as a young 12U player. This year, for the first time ever, she has a solid defense behind her. And that results in more wins, for certain.

But she's lost a few 2-1 games when the other team just puts their few good hits together and find gaps.

Nov 18, 2015
My daughter could have Ozzie Smith clones playing behind her, but that doesn't mean she still won't load the bases with walks and hit batters. :)

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
We lost a game 4-0 in the state tournament a couple years ago, and it might be the best defensive game the team ever played. Of course, when your team goes 21 up 21 down with 21 strikeouts, it doesn't really matter how good your pitcher or defense are in the game.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
My daughter could have Ozzie Smith clones playing behind her, but that doesn't mean she still won't load the bases with walks and hit batters. :)

This made me laugh out loud. Been in the same spot with my DD a few times.

We played what I consider to be one of the best defensive games all season and still lost 2-0. The team we played was top of the league and had been beating teams by 5 or more. Sometimes by double digits. Their pitcher was awesome and we just couldn’t get enough hits in a row to get some runs.

Was still one of the most fun games to watch and coach last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812