Dealing with bad coach and owner

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 4, 2020
N.E.
My youngest daughter is on an overfilled team that rosters 15, 12 U level. It appears that the owner does this to line his pockets every year. Promises of non-parent coaching, excellent training...yada..yada ..yada.........
Anyway the head coach was away and the one coach, who is not a parent, lost his temper, yelled at the kids and threw his gear.
There really is no talking to these people. Looking for the best advice on how to handle...... everyone is over protective... parents of their kids, coaches of the job they are doing and the owner protecting his wallet, then his staff....... I think I know how to handle, but looking for advice anyway to see if there is a good way to approach this without going nuclear....... thanks in advance

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
What gear does coach have to throw around?

My opinion is you look out for your own DD, let other people make thier own decisions.

Aug 25, 2019
I’m assuming you have limited teams in your area, otherwise you’d just leave. No way I’d leave my kid in that sitch.
Good answer!.....Almost all of us here would say to leave, but alot of us here forget that there are areas around this country where there are not alot of teams and options around. Also, if you have more than 13 girls on a team, that is most likely a cash grab.

Jul 4, 2020
N.E.
launched his clipboard, glove and bat. There are a few teams around, but the more I talk to people, the more I hear about Daddy Ball and all of the ills of it.... I paid for the season which includes winter training and spring schedule already...... She will move for the next season Fall 21 absolutely...... any thoughts on how to delicately deal with owner and staff?? They are arrogant as hell and I never back down from anything, so I could see this going sideways quickly..........I know better but not sure that they do.......

Jul 4, 2020
N.E.
Seems like you are committed to staying there. If you are fine but I would not expect to change things. Your entire family is in for a long year.
not that I feel committed.... I feel like I say something, then they'll take it out on my kid and that makes it worse...... I wish I could get my money back and walk away..... I know that wont happen...... looking forward to next season but I think its hard to move teams mid year......

Aug 25, 2019
launched his clipboard, glove and bat. There are a few teams around, but the more I talk to people, the more I hear about Daddy Ball and all of the ills of it.... I paid for the season which includes winter training and spring schedule already...... She will move for the next season Fall 21 absolutely...... any thoughts on how to delicately deal with owner and staff?? They are arrogant as hell and I never back down from anything, so I could see this going sideways quickly..........I know better but not sure that they do.......
It sounds like if you paid for the season, you not getting your money back if you leave. How is the Head Coach? How much playing time does your DD get?...IF the Head Coach is good, and DD is playing more than not, I'd just suck it up, be quiet, and look to leave at the end of next season. IF your DD is looking to keep playing, you got alot of Travel ball to go, and this is one bump in a long road.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28