Dead period extended again 8/31/20

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
Feel really bad for the uncommitted 21's and 22's

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200625-195703_Message+.jpg
    Screenshot_20200625-195703_Message+.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 121
Apr 16, 2013
My DD is an uncommitted '21. Late to the recruiting game, and now this is pretty much sealing the coffin for any D1 schools. :( She'd planned on getting to some key camps this summer, and now that's shot. Such pure and utter BS.

Jun 8, 2016
Sucks for the kids but they would be giving an unfair advantage to coaches who are not high risk if they let recruiting go on right now..

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Sucks for the kids but they would be giving an unfair advantage to coaches who are not high risk if they let recruiting go on right now..
Unfortunetly that 'advantage' topic is a can of worms.
Covid only added another
worm too it.

What about the 'disadvantage' the ncaa created for certain recruitment years by extending eligibility.

Jun 8, 2016
Covid only added another
worm too it.
Low hanging fruit..

Sometimes life isn't fair..unless of course you think all the Commies are out to get your uncommitted 2021 who started the whole recruiting thing too late..

Apr 16, 2013
Covid only added another
worm too it.

What about the 'disadvantage' the ncaa created for certain recruitment years by extending eligibility.
Amen, and what about the advantage that all the other division levels are getting? My DD had several D3 coaches watching her at the last tournament. Just none of her target schools... and she can't go to those target school's camps. :( I guess D3 coaches are considered expendable? Maybe that's it...

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Amen, and what about the advantage that all the other division levels are getting? My DD had several D3 coaches watching her at the last tournament. Just none of her target schools... and she can't go to those target school's camps. :( I guess D3 coaches are considered expendable? Maybe that's it...
Thats a good point!
Btw have been hearing D3 NAIA & juco's are experiencing
Good recruitment!
& Private money's are mostly supporting programs just fine.
Also hearing tb coaches in the 16 and 18u brackets are aware and communicating that to their players and there are a percentage of players who are refocusing their college list. Which may be a good suggestion while, for most, the goal is a college degree rather than a sport performance level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog