Dead period extended again 8/31/20

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Low hanging fruit..

Sometimes life isn't fair..unless of course you think all the Commies are out to get your uncommitted 2021 who started the whole recruiting thing too late..
Just fyi....it is affecting players who have been followed since 13 and 14 years old.
Who first got the shortened end of recruitment by eliminating early recruitment.
They are the group who was
REALLY the first batch of
'Cant recruit til 16 yrs old'
Heaviest recruitment year for D1 would now be junior year players.
Kind of a double wammy now
with no D1's at games...
Or
Triple wammy do to extended college eligibility.

Look forward to seeing how video and phone call's pan out?!
Or nothing until fall/winter showcase if that?!

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Just fyi....it is affecting players who have been followed since 13 and 14 years old.
Who first got the shortened end of recruitment by eliminating early recruitment.
They are the group who was
REALLY the first batch of
'Cant recruit til 16 yrs old'
Kind of a double wammy now...
Or
Triple wammy do to extended college eligibility.
Did I not say it sucked for the kids? People acting like somebody is screwing them over on purpose need to gain some perspective.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Did I not say it sucked for the kids? People acting like somebody is screwing them over on purpose need to gain some perspective.
People are simply sharing on a topic perspectives.

And theres a big chance if your dd was a 2020 or 2021 you might be having more 'involved' perspective.

You have 4 years of eligibility if you know your good enough to play D1 all 4 years keep going to camps for your preferred colleges. You can tryout as a sophomore. Most D1 freshman rarely see the field almost a wasted year of eligibility. If you’re really committed to to playing softball for ncaa your journey is only over when you give up or get your 4 years in.

The best player I ever coached just let us know she quit softball this is her junior year and she was a starter, because softball was interfering with her classes. She hated it but she decided grades and graduation was more important.

good luck in all of these girls journey. It’s not over until they choose for it to be over, life is an adventure go live it.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
As aggressive as she swings a bat, I would have had her on my HS varsity team as a 10 year old.........seriously! Better than at least half of the yawners we normally have!
Pattar you need a double shot of positivity. Your DD is very athletic. Some of the skinniest wiry 10 year olds turn out to be the best when they mature. And that 12 y/o that is 5'8' and weighs 170 lbs and hits bombs never makes it past 14u.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12