Dead bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 24, 2020
Best way to tell if a bat is dead?

I bought my daughter a CF last year in the fall. She has other bats but the CF is her favorite. My question is, how do you tell if a bat is dead? She probably has I'd guess somewhere between 1000-2000 (maybe more, I'm just guessing here, but I know it's a lot of hits) hits off the bat in the last year. Yes we do a lot of hitting, and lessons, practice etc...

The bat doesn't have any visible cracks on the bat. I do see a small bit of fiber optic yellow pinched between the endcap, and the barrel. When she has been hitting it lately, and I know she's hitting it right, it isn't sounding right. The ball off the bat doesn't seem to be travelling as far in my opinion.

Bat should still be warrantied by Demarini. But didn't know how much of a hassle that will be to get a replacement.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You cant visibly see a "dead bat"...and a lot of times a dead bat claim isnt dead bats. Its kids growing out of the bat
yada yada. BUT, does it happen sometimes...yes. Maybe you take a few swings and see what its like (if you are a hitting type
guy) or have her hit some other bats and then that one and see how much the other bats hit better. Could just have a dead
spot as well.

Returns are returns...just gotta call Demar returns and get an RA number. But are you going to be able to be 100%
positive its dead...no. BUT when you call them...BE POSITIVE its dead...hahahaha. Come right out and say its dead
and dont leave any room for if, ands or buts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee