DD's opening front shoulder.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
That means she's going to have to get the bat on plane deep.

Yes for oppo the barrel will get on plane deeper. But not until the hands plane the pitch and go forward. For inside not so much because of the later RELEASE of the barrel. LOL. Keep working Bobby, you will eventually get it.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
She's going to have knee problem with the way she torques against that closed front leg. Just sayin'.

Not only are you a world class hitting coach but a Physical therapist. 👏 I wonder how all those MLB guys do it? You do see the front foot open after the release of the backside correct? It doesn’t stay closed.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
She's going to have knee problem with the way she torques against that closed front leg. Just sayin'.

So is her sequence out of wack or her front leg ? If she was your student who could hit the fb and off-speed how would you address her potential for knee problems ?

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
That means she's going to have to get the bat on plane deep.

The hands, not the bat.

I agree with you on the importance of early bat speed. Not sure why you assumed I didn't. @Work=wins and I have discussed(ok argued :LOL:) this before. I just feel that the hands/wrists/forearms are part of doing that.

The hands plane the pitch. Don’t make it more difficult than it is. Yes the bat will get on plane deeper for an outside pitch more than an inside pitch. That’s because of the earlier release of the barrel into the ball for a bit deeper contact point than inside pitches. A flatter plane will be the result on outside pitches. A more ‘V’ bat path for inside. More direct. Still A to B.

You don’t want early batspeed. You want to have ‘into the ball’ batspeed. The bat should be traveling it’s fastest into the ball. Not at launch. Not behind you. Adjustable... why would you want early batspeed on all locations when we don’t hit the ball the same depth on all locations? 🤔

Jun 8, 2016
The hands plane the pitch. Don’t make it more difficult than it is. Yes the bat will get on plane deeper for an outside pitch more than an inside pitch. That’s because of the earlier release of the barrel into the ball for a bit deeper contact point than inside pitches. A flatter plane will be the result on outside pitches. A more ‘V’ bat path for inside. More direct. Still A to B.

You don’t want early batspeed. You want to have ‘into the ball’ batspeed. The bat should be traveling it’s fastest into the ball. Not at launch. Not behind you. Adjustable... why would you want early batspeed on all locations when we don’t hit the ball the same depth on all locations? 🤔
Like I said we already had this discussion (multiple times..with me even throwing integrals into the fray... :LOL: )

Jul 29, 2013
The hands, not the bat.

With your swing, the bat is at top speed only at ball contact.
With my swing, bat accelerates to top speed and stays at top speed through contact. It's more forgiving because I don't have to guess when to get to top speed. Just mash the gas and hang on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478