DD's new glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2017
41BKMkOeiPL._SY90_.jpg

Got a great deal on this Allstar through Amazon. It came Wednesday and we played catch for about 30 minutes yesterday. I know it's not top of the line but it does seem like a well made glove and it is stiff as a board, her hand was worn out trying to squeeze it. I also got a great deal on Amazon if anyone is looking for a decent glove. On sale for $99 plus Amazon applied a $60 gift card for applying and receiving a credit card, which I will be cancelling because I don't use cc's anymore. This is an 11 3/4 that tapes 11 3/4 but the pocket is huge with the 3 finger design.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
41BKMkOeiPL._SY90_.jpg

I know it's not top of the line but...

For what it's worth, I don't know that I've ever heard of anyone having a bad experience with an All-Star glove. I feel like it's way up there in terms of bang for your buck and as much as AD and I hate to admit it, a full Horween HOH isn't right for everyone, and it seems like the All-Star is the right choice for all of everyone else lol.

Dec 5, 2017
For what it's worth, I don't know that I've ever heard of anyone having a bad experience with an All-Star glove. I feel like it's way up there in terms of bang for your buck and as much as AD and I hate to admit it, a full Horween HOH isn't right for everyone, and it seems like the All-Star is the right choice for all of everyone else lol.
DD is just too small even at 10 for the high end gloves. Her hands are still really small and they just don't fit her well. I was leaning towards Bradley until I ran across this one on sale. This glove is borderline on the stiffness scale for her but I've been working on it following the advice give in other posts and I started out with the hot water treatment like the guy in the Wilson videos shows. I went very light on the water though, made me nervous pouring water on a new glove. It's already working in nicely though. She really likes it and that's what matters most.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
I have 5 Bradley gloves sitting in my house (saying that out loud makes me realize how absurd it really is), so I feel like I have a good handle on them, and I can tell you- that All-Star at that price is a much better investment anyway. Bradley has two niches that it fills REALLY well:

1.) Players who are very small for the amount/level of ball they play (I'd say playing 100+ games a year). Most kids have big enough hands to use other brands well once they start really playing at high enough levels to justify an expensive glove, and you just don't get the utility from the glove to justify the premium you're paying for it at that point.

2.) Baseball parents.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Hmm, that sounds a little harsh on bradley.. How much are you spending on them? $129 for a minimalist glove specially designed for kids worked for my DD2. She's had a clapped out rawlings that she liked but was too small (6u/8u), went to a hand me down mizuno global elite (didn't like it, too stiff), wilson a2000 that she liked but was too stiff and it showed by her struggling on back hands, etc. She LOVES her bradley.. She's a small ish first yr 12 that has tiny hands that aren't very strong

Apr 30, 2018
Speak for yourself.............from here on out I'm only recommending full Horween Pro1000's for every parent here who asks about a glove for their 8 and 10 year old little darlings!

If you told me Anna's middle name was Horween, I wouldn't doubt it for a second.

And to keep it thread relevant: My DD loves her All-Star glove.

Dec 26, 2017
Oklahoma
Hmm, that sounds a little harsh on bradley.. How much are you spending on them? $129 for a minimalist glove specially designed for kids worked for my DD2. She's had a clapped out rawlings that she liked but was too small (6u/8u), went to a hand me down mizuno global elite (didn't like it, too stiff), wilson a2000 that she liked but was too stiff and it showed by her struggling on back hands, etc. She LOVES her bradley.. She's a small ish first yr 12 that has tiny hands that aren't very strong

I don't know why you'd take that as me being harsh. I've sent Jeff money for 5 different gloves, on purpose, and I've sent several people his way. I think what he's doing is great. I was speaking specifically to where/when I feel like I'd recommend his gloves to someone as a NEED or where it would be a clear cut better choice over some other glove on the market. If a kid really likes their Bradley and loves using it, then that's what's important. I wasn't really attempting to address want, or every scenario ever where someone has been happy with one.

My kid is extremely small for her age, and she was playing a LOT of games (way too many), and it was a great investment for me and she loves it. My son, on the other hand, has some mostly because I like to buy gloves but he definitely benefited from the smaller build and he likes them a lot too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28