DD's new glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Why has so many gotten away from Nokona? Is it the price? Sure can't beat the quality and service.
Cause they feel rough on the hand, almost unfinished inside! Their standard leather that you see in all the DSG is their Walnut crunch, it's just waxy and too oily feeling, heavy, and gets floppy way too quick!

Now when they offered the Legend series with the Sandstone leather, that's another story, that was a ball glove!

There's just way too many better options out there for a lot less money, don't get me wrong, I love that they're American made, just don't like the gloves!

Last edited:
May 23, 2015
Dd sported a 12.25 UT Nokona for a few years. Interior sweat ruined it, but she did get tons of use as an Outtie. Never did turn floppy on her. Whisker on the heavy side for infield use when compared to other good options.

When it came time to replace it..theres just such a huge selection out there. I still dig the walnut crunch if it were for me, but she likes the lighter feel and control the A2ks and A2000 give her.

Dec 5, 2017
Here we are a month and a half later and she still can't close the dang thing. Her hands are so small that her fingers just barely reach the finger stalls. Did our HLT drills and long toss last night and her hand was wore out from trying to squeeze it :LOL:

Jun 8, 2018
My dd loves her vila gloves. She has a 11.5 and a 12”. I may be the odd one here, but that 11.5” plays bigger than its size.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478