DD Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
‘out from’
Is 'out from' the body....barrel path. Can't swing 'around' the body.
'inside the ball' .....is hand path. Which could be/can swing/swinging 'around' body.
Anything else I can help you 'out' with.......or TM can help you 'out' with.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Swing path is ‘rock the U’ all the way ‘through’. Maintaing
‘out from’
Is 'out from' the body....barrel path. Can't swing 'around' the body.
'inside the ball' .....is hand path. Which could be/can swing/swinging 'around' body.
Anything else I can help you 'out' with.......or TM can help you 'out' with.

TMs stuff is internet fantasy. You are just too deep.

Every swing is out from. Who swings to the side?

Inside is barrel and hand path. It’s the straightest path to the ball. It’s called swing path. NO HOFS TURN THE BARREL. It gets turned. Wake up

Learn what whip is.

Jun 8, 2016
So "out from" and "to the side" are the only two options......? How about a shoulder rotation driven swing..what would that look like?
Inside is barrel and hand path. It’s the straightest path to the ball. It’s called swing path.
Straightest...? What does that mean..

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal

I see lots of young players not swinging "out from". They swing around the front side of their body. Poor hand path, poor barrel path, and poor hand action. This is an issue that has plagued my DD.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I think you are misinterpreting OUT..or I am. Somebody have that Cabrera intentional walk swing?

it’s nonsense, that means nothing. The point is every swing is ‘out from’. Not every swing stays inside. Show me a swing where the hands don’t come out from the body.

What matters is where the path of the barrel is so its efficient(short). Inside the ball means straight line to it. In order to do that the swing must come from the inside of the pitch plane. A to B. Not out from.

Jun 8, 2016
it’s nonsense, that means nothing. The point is every swing is ‘out from’. Not every swing stays inside. Show me a swing where the hands don’t come out from the body.

I can play that game, show me a swing where the hands are not "inside the ball"...owww ;)

Also you just stated above that the HL barrel path is the straightest..which makes absolutely no sense and you know it. If you want to say A to B hand path produces a barrel path that is fastest to contact then fine..but you cannot say the barrel path is the straightest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee