DD Quits

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I was going to post this to pattar but will post here and hopefully he will read it here. A few years ago, on a baseball site, I had a dad contact me about this same issue. Long story short, I asked him if he ever considered that his son just needed a break. The son took the break and actually came down to hit with me from Chicago. That is a long drive. We did a weekend and the young man attended our baseball camp the following week while here. He laughed and fit right in getting away from all of the expectations etc. that he felt at home. Naturally, he missed a lot of summer ball doing that. This young man during his senior year ended up playing against my high school in the state tournament. Eventually, he went to a P5 where he did well and got an education. Sometimes they just need a break.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Good luck to your daughter. It seems like this layoff has really taken a toll on kids even more so than adults since their routines are all screwed up. I hope she finds happiness in whatever she decides to do.

Sep 17, 2009
They all 'quit' at some point (even professional athletes eventually quit). I'm always impressed when a young athlete knows the right time and reason even when WE don't. I've been there. Julray, congrats to her and best of luck. And who knows if or when she'll pick up the game again -- if nothing else there will be a day sometime in the future where she'll throw a ball at a tailgate or sub into a co-rec adult game and be the best athlete in the group and everyone will be like WTF was that and you and she will just smile :)

May 12, 2016
Good luck to your daughter. It seems like this layoff has really taken a toll on kids even more so than adults since their routines are all screwed up. I hope she finds happiness in whatever she decides to do.
In my DD's case it was prior to covid, but I hear what you are saying

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478