DD Progression, What's next?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
The high leg kick looks rushed as she picks her foot up and then has to slam it back down to get on time. I’m sure others will chime in, but the leg kick is not accomplishing a better use of lower half as intended.

Nov 16, 2017
The high leg kick looks rushed as she picks her foot up and then has to slam it back down to get on time. I’m sure others will chime in, but the leg kick is not accomplishing a better use of lower half as intended.

Normally her move is much slower but I was throwing from about 20ft directly underhand with no windup. Not much time to start slow.

Jun 8, 2016
Normally her move is much slower but I was throwing from about 20ft directly underhand with no windup. Not much time to start slow.
You need to start early enough so you can be "slow"..how early that is depends on the pitcher and the style of the hitter.

Oct 2, 2017
I told her in BP emulate this

Difference is that trout is still in sequence. Your DD is getting out of sequence. Hers is a load it all up and unload. I guess I'm saying the separation is not occuring at the right time. It should be occuring on the move out IMO.

Nov 16, 2017
thatta boy! The intent of the load is different. Looks the same. But is different. Emma is stuck.

not the same. But shows where and how to gather.

What I think I am seeing is lack of gaining ground over the sagittal plane. ?? If that is the case a good drill to remedy?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802