DD playing in 1st 09' tournament this Saturday

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2008
12U. Tournament last weekend was canceled due to weather.

If we stay in the winners bracket she plays at 10:20am, 5pm, 7pm, 11:40pm, and 1:00am on Sunday. :eek: If we go to the losers bracket, it is much worse!! She is starting pitcher on the team, and usually is put in if they need saved. Should be interesting.

Dec 19, 2008
LOL..understand the brackets...

I'm just wondering why anyone would schedule midnight games for 12's ...

Glad we don't have that schedule!

Ten 12U teams playing, and there is supposed to be rain on Sunday, so I think they just want to make sure they get the games in.

There are also, Ten 10U teams playing, and 6 or 8 14U teams. I wonder what the 10U brackets look like.

KAT

May 13, 2008
You have got to be kidding me they intentially have games scheduled for 11:40!! and 1:00 am...I dont care which age you are this is just bizarre

Dec 19, 2008
You have got to be kidding me they intentially have games scheduled for 11:40!! and 1:00 am...I dont care which age you are this is just bizarre

I don't think it's that uncommon. Last year at a tournament (not us playing), the games were running behind. The town they were in had an ordinance for the ball field to stop play at 11pm. So, they stopped the game, moved the teams to a field in another town 20 miles away, picked up the game at 12:20 am, then played the championship.

My neighbors team (12U) played in KC last year, went into the losers bracket, battled 5 games on Sunday, and won the championship. Then left KC at 1:00 am, for the 3 hour drive home. On a school night!!

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
09 tourn

I'm sure it happens.

I think that is too much for kids that young ... adults should be more responsible and careful with kids this age.

I am very thankful that our coach would not do that to his players!

I wish you luck and hope your DD does well.

Jan 22, 2009
South Jersey
???

4 games in 16 hours spanning two days!

You have go to be kidding, people are accepting of this, and have actually paid for this tourney? I know hockey plays at some pretty crazy hours, but they don't play 4 games in 16 hours.

At 12U isn't the game still supposed to be "fun", let us know how the team and your daughter feel at 3:00am after all of those games.

KAT

May 13, 2008
I wasn't doubting the poster I was just thinking why?? Why would you play at this hour. I can just see kids falling asleep on base etc. I would think the injury rate may go up pretty high. They need to just not take as many teams its just crazy to play at these hours. Its quite different to have a tournament get off schedule and games start late that is more understandable, but to schedule these games at this time is just lame. Can you imagine when these games get behind?? You could be playing as the sun starts shining.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28