DD how to fix bat drag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I see some benefit for some very fundamental ideas with young players, but he doesn't talk about how the hands are getting pulled back, which could be problematic. I can easily see this getting translated to the hands getting pushed up and back with the arms to make the rubber band stretch, instead of the hands moving as a response to retraction of the scap.

Here’s his ‘load’ video. He talks about what’s suppose to happen. But doesn’t speak of how to not mess up the load portion of the swing.

Edit: all his videos are linked together. Lol. Sorry.

May 20, 2019
We are back at it after a couple weeks of rest. Timing is looking a lot better and she is doing much better with holding her coil in the negative. Long ways to go to fix the bat drag and arm bar though :) Baby steps....

Oct 2, 2017
While I agree with keeping proper separation at toe touch, proper coil etc., I also think it has to do with understanding the role of the rear elbow in relation to the hands. Below is a video I found. I explained this to my daughter who was suffering from some bat drag as well. Within one day at least off of tee it seem to help tremendously. I had her do a one arm knee drill with focusing on dropping the rear elbow while at the same time keeping the hands at the same position like in the video. Then moved to 2 hands on the bat one knee. Then moving to full swing.

Oct 2, 2017
We are back at it after a couple weeks of rest. Timing is looking a lot better and she is doing much better with holding her coil in the negative. Long ways to go to fix the bat drag and arm bar though :) Baby steps....

A large part of what I see as the problem is sequence. She is trying to put every move of the swing together all at once. I feel she would start to make alot of progress if she understood what the sequence is supposed to be. Gather, coil/separation with stride, the launch position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478