DD held to higher standard

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Be careful! If you want your daughter to start hating the game as well as cause friction between you and her, continue holding her to a different set of rules than the others. Instead, coach all of the young ladies the same. Young players may give the impressions that they understand but there will come a day when they start to resent being treated differently. JMHO!

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
"Team wise,
in 10u are you actually pulling players because of errors?

Bouncing back from errors is also something to learn."

Correct this error in your coaching.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Who decides what is a A team or B team or C team? Just curious. In So Cal you are just a travel ball team and part of the coaches job is to find competition at or around the teams level. Nobody wants to go out and get filet every Sunday.

Jun 8, 2016
Who decides what is a A team or B team or C team? Just curious. In So Cal you are just a travel ball team and part of the coaches job is to find competition at or around the teams level. Nobody wants to go out and get filet every Sunday.
Coach self classifies usually. In USSSA at least, the local USSSA is supposed to adjust based upon results but it rarely happens as far as I can tell.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
At practice we were short of players another older Team was too so we combined the Teams. AC's DD and mine were sharing 2nd base, he was coaching 2nd.

My DD could do no wrong, his DD could do nothing right. She finally turned on him and yelled something along the lines I am doing as good as she is! Shut him up for a little while.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Not pulling because of errors, pulling for lack of effort.
Brings up an important question~
How long should a player have a spot on the roster who the coaches identify as lack of effort?

Every player on my roster or private teaching schedule are held to a standard of effort.
And every player knows being on the roster they are important and will be utilized.
If i had to pull them for lack of effort concerns, they should not be on the roster to begin with.
Yes 10 year olds!

It may seem harsh,
However having a standard and communicating to players early on importance of effort makes it clear immediatly their place on the schedule / roster is earned by effort, not denied by failure! Promotes a keep trying we'll grow mentality.
They know by trying they are doing whats needed!
This is the simple part of whats asked of youngsters.
Try first...to grow!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD and I had a talk about her lack of effort after 1 game, I told her she could walk away if she did not want to play.

Next game she was in RF and caught an overthrow to 3rd and threw runner out at home. She was all over the field.

She settled down but she made her point.

I like Amy's story,I have not seen her post in a while hope she is well, RF got ball and threw it to center fielder. When in doubt throw it to Sally.

May 1, 2018
Yeah for sure talk to mine different than the rest of the girls. Mine plays first (12u) and pulled her foot early to try and make a throw home.....Just timed it a little quick. "Come on we got to have that" .... So when people say daddy ball, I'm like...you have no idea.
Also DPed her during bracket games cause she gets on base (.750) a lot. But is slow as dirt lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2