DD had an awesome game today (pitcher)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 13, 2018
My daughter is a first year 10U and has been pitching since last August (when I threw her into lessons because I need a pitcher for brand new team that was formed sort of last minute)

Pitched pretty well in the fall but as her velocity increased over the winter her control went down. Not too surprising, but frustrating for her and the team at times!

Something clicked today and she was firing on all cylinders. Time limit tournament game so 4 innings, 10Ks, 1 hit, and 5BB. We won 8-5. Also our first game with stealing home allowed, as our league rules don’t allow it, so that was a new wrinkle she had try to cover home on a passed ball (we need to work on that!). She also had two ground ball put outs to first from the circle, so she’s “responsible” for all 12 outs.

Very proud Dad and Coach!

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Isn't it awesome to sit back and be in awe of what youth players can do. I remember at one point in one of my player's young career, I leaned over to her mom and said "I'm not sure I was ever able to do that.". When those moments happen, I'd rather watch youth ball over professional anytime. Enjoy the ride.

Aug 13, 2018
Pitched again today in first game of bracket play.

Another 4 inning complete game, 10 more Ks, only 3BB, and 6 hits. We won that game 8-5, too!

Killer weekend, 8ip, 20Ks, 8BB, and 7hits with two wins.

Oct 4, 2018
Well done. As the competition gets tougher the Ks will go down. But you're right to keep and eye on the BBs and celebrate those going down. I tell my pitcher-DD that a walk is like an error on the pitcher. I love the games where she keeps the BBs very low. Much harder to control how many Ks you get, but the BBs are completely up to them and a good measuring stick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802