DD getting ready to email coaches

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
2.78 is going to get colleges looking. She should have no problem batting .400 at 14U just bunting with that speed. When she learns how to control barrel and bounce it or chip it over 3rd baseman's head she will bat .600. Work on this too.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
You didn't really ask this question but I would suggest you consider "ripping the band aid off" and going only lefty. You have said she is inconsistent from the right side and not considered a power hitter. Unless she is phenomenal in the field the old adage of "if you can hit they will find a place for you to play" will limit her opportunities in college. She sounds truly fast. In my opinion you should commit to slapping full time and see how she progresses. It will take buy in from her tb coaches and good communication from your dd and her tb coaches to potential college coaches to explain things. You need something to make you stand out in the recruiting process. It sounds like showcasing her speed is the best route to do that.
This right here. Why mess with being righty if DD is working to be lefty. You gotta be ALL IN and committed to the process. If not, she will be good at neither.

What's the ol' saying "Jack of all, Master of none."

Aug 5, 2022
Agreed. She sounds like she is a kiddo with actual speed…go all in on the left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
You didn't really ask this question but I would suggest you consider "ripping the band aid off" and going only lefty.

Every single rep she gets as a right-handed hitter is a missed opportunity to get better left-handed.

If she's going to be a lefty, don't let her hit right-handed anymore. Not even in practice. Not even if she's goofing off with friends. You're a lefty now.

Anything else is just doing it halfway, and it's going to hurt her in the long run.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45