DD at a lesson

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I like his attack posture and downhill shoulder angle at launch. Attack posture being the head more over the front hip and downhill shoulder angle being the shoulders tilted downwards or the front shoulder lower then the back shoulder.

Yeah. I like how he maintains his angles all the way through launch. Notice the posture in the sagittal plane as well.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Radial deviation, very powerful move.

giphy.gif

Jul 29, 2013

How about this one?

Notice when the barrel actually picks up speed. Not during the time behind him, but as the hands come forward with the wrists radial deviated? Just sayin.

One more key note... if your turning the barrel behind you for speed, but the core is still counter rotated what is Tre leveraging his swing against to create his ‘early’ barrel speed during the turning of the barrel? He’s not. Notice the barrel pick up speed after the core has turned forward and the hands have moved forward.

That’s early barrel speed pro style. With an adjustable release. It is hard to achieve. You must be balanced for the core to power your swing. Not an easy task. You must be in sequence as well. It is much much harder to achieve these mechanics. They are not for hitters that don’t truly want to get better at their craft.

Come on. How can you say he has early bat speed that happens late? Wth?
And I sincerely asked a question and your answer has me befuddled.
I posted pictures if radial/ulnar deviation and supination/pronation. Are you referring to these moves as pictured or do you have a different understanding? Please be brief as in "yes, I agree," or "no, I have a different definition."

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Transitioning from Supination/Pronation into Ulnar Deviation
supinationpronation-into-ulnar-deviation.gif

supinationpronation-into-ulnar-deviation-top.gif

Blending these movements is key in learning how to Turn the Barrel. The difference between allowing the bottom hand to take over and pronate (roll over) and transitioning into ulnar deviation is the key to staying on plane
Baseball Rebellion source.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Transitioning from Supination/Pronation into Ulnar Deviation
supinationpronation-into-ulnar-deviation.gif

supinationpronation-into-ulnar-deviation-top.gif

Blending these movements is key in learning how to Turn the Barrel. The difference between allowing the bottom hand to take over and pronate (roll over) and transitioning into ulnar deviation is the key to staying on plane
Baseball Rebellion source.
This^^^^^^^ says it all. BLENDING being the key word here. Some blend differently. In a different sequence if you will. But all ttb!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802