dd and myself nervous about her first time pitching at 12u level

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Good luck! Just a heads up that moving up to 12U and a 12" ball at 40' is a big adjustment, so do not become frustrated if things do not go well. My DD got shelled by a couple of older 12U teams that stayed down in the fall.

Sep 15, 2016
update on my DD... she didn't pitch in the first game...had a couple rough at bats tears at the plate and all...so I thought second game she wasn't gonna get to pitch..but 2nd ining the HC had his DD (#1 pitcher and one of the catchers on the team) take my DD and had her warm up and she pitched the last 2 innings of the game! had more walked batters than we would have liked but she did get a strick out and she got some good hits of of her pitching...ill take that for now....the smile on her face after striking out that one batter mad all the hard work and tears worth it!! couldn't have been more proud..

Dec 8, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Good luck! Just a heads up that moving up to 12U and a 12" ball at 40' is a big adjustment, so do not become frustrated if things do not go well. My DD got shelled by a couple of older 12U teams that stayed down in the fall.

My DD did the same. Grooved a FB down the middle of the plate. At 10U the batter either doesn't swing or is late. At 12U it was ripped in the gap. Good learning experience and a definite wake up call that we need to really work on that change up for the Spring season.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
update on my DD... she didn't pitch in the first game...had a couple rough at bats tears at the plate and all...so I thought second game she wasn't gonna get to pitch..but 2nd ining the HC had his DD (#1 pitcher and one of the catchers on the team) take my DD and had her warm up and she pitched the last 2 innings of the game! had more walked batters than we would have liked but she did get a strick out and she got some good hits of of her pitching...ill take that for now....the smile on her face after striking out that one batter mad all the hard work and tears worth it!! couldn't have been more proud..

That's great! Focus on the successes - not matter how small - and work hard on being better the next time.

Feb 19, 2016
Texas
Nice. I had a similar experience with my DS last week. I take my hat off to the pitching parents. I felt like life and death was riding on every pitch. I'm assuming it gets better the more you watch them do it, or at least after the new blood pressure medicine I'll need if it doesn't get easier.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478