DD (2021) Most Productive Offensive Season Ever!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 31, 2015
As DD (2021) heads into literally 6 straight weekends of prospect camps starting this weekend of her junior year, she completed her 2019 hitting highlights video in time to send out to all the college coaches with the following summary of her most productive offensive season ever:
  • 7 HRs in 5 weekend tournaments including
    • 8th inning walk-off 3 run HR w/ 2 outs and 2 strikes @ Louisville Slugger Independence Day Tournment (CO)
    • top of the 7th inning game-winning grand slam when down by 3 runs with 2 outs and a 2-2 count!
  • 3 triples, 2 doubles, and many many RBIs @PGF Nationals (CA)
Although we missed a couple of the HRs due to technical difficulties, the rest of them are included here (turn up the audio!): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTQGgd55BVizXCurz2U-3og.

Looking forward to an interesting fall recruiting window! ;-)

Sep 29, 2014
Nice video...my favorites were the :25 HR line drive only seen a couple times a ball get out that quick that thing was never more than 15 ft or so off the ground...also great hustle on those triples...my guess is she will find a home somewhere playing at the next level if that is what she wants...could not help but analyize the swing a little she obviously has a lot of power but a really sound fundamental swing is what is turning power into actual HRs.

Jan 31, 2015
Thanks!

I'm glad someone noticed that cruise missile to dead CF that barely had an arc to it! As you can hear, I was laughing when I was recording, because it was her first back-to-back game HRs and it got out so quick I couldn't believe it. ;-)

The first one she hit in the previous game on the same field was on there too, but she insisted to use the behind home plate view, instead of my same view from down 3B line where you could see that it went about 20' up into the tree line which was about 15' beyond the CF fence!

Here's the better 3B view: Monster Shot

Of course my favorite was the first one which was the the grand slam in the the top of the 7th when they were down 3-6 w/ 2 outs and 2-2 count. ;-)

Thanks for the hitting comments. Without spawning a religious hitting debate in this forum, let's just say that she always had lots of clutch RBIs, .600+ batting average, and .750+ OBP, but it was all singles and doubles until her last TB HC completely changed her swing to rotational, and she started hitting them over the fence. ;-) Personally, I still think there's more room for improvement in using her lower body and waiting for HER PITCH, but she just had her best season ever at the plate!

Thanks again!

Nice video...my favorites were the :25 HR line drive only seen a couple times a ball get out that quick that thing was never more than 15 ft or so off the ground...also great hustle on those triples...my guess is she will find a home somewhere playing at the next level if that is what she wants...could not help but analyize the swing a little she obviously has a lot of power but a really sound fundamental swing is what is turning power into actual HRs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom