DD 12yrs old 2025 hitting off the Tee

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
I like the game swing, the tee swing has a lot going on.

Well said, usually its the opposite. Without getting into mechanics it seems like mentally she “over cooks” the tee swing. Does a nice job staying inside the ball. Got a great start.

May 20, 2017
What can I do to get her consisted with game and tee swings? I believe the lack of pitcher while on the tee and that she coil based on the position of the tee instead of striding to the pitch path. I’m just guessing.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
First off. She’s got great rhythm. What I see is an active loading of the shoulders with the lower body which causes a front shoulder pull-off or to a lesser degree a front shoulder driven launch. IOW she’s stuck. The loading sequence this young lady has makes the shift later and causes a one-piece swing. Inside pitches should be pulled for the most part.

The loading of the core should be before the shoulders. A better use of the ground and some attention to the loading sequence is what I would prescribe. This should free up her hands and keep her shoulders at bay. Actually in order.

Once fixed she will feel free to whip the barrel where she needs to with her hands. Not turn into the ball. She should get a lot quicker to contact, and create a better path. Jmho.

Notice Miggys mass go forward which loads the upper or balances out the counter rotation.

Start with this progression:

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I love the violence!! She's a strong kid! :)

On the tee swings, we can see a common issue (this was mentioned in a recent thread for a player of the same age). She's over-cooking her turn back because she can still see the ball. In her game swings, she doesn't turn nearly as much. If she did, she wouldn't be able to see the ball being delivered by the pitcher. For tee work, I suggest having her look up to an imaginary pitcher and imitate tracking the ball to contact when she swings.

One of the things I'm seeing is that her swing works around the front on her body, pulling the barrel across the ball at contact, rather working than out from the rear shoulder. Getting a deep barrel turn behind the ball will help this significantly.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I love triples. She has a great swing. I would worry about over rotating when hitting off the tee. She does it because she has intentions to hit the ball hard. Good for her. Lots of dads wish their DD swung that hard LOL
"What can I do to get her consisted with game and tee swings? "
Don't worry about it. Exaggerating off the tee is OK IMO.

At about 6:50 thru 7:15 explains what need to be fixed. My DD was an "all back all forward" until we made the change because of this free video. The transition was not hard either. Just always do this drill for month or two.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I also like the intent on the tee swing. As mentioned she is just exaggerating the load to much. I have seen that exaggerating counter rotation many times off a tee and then in a game swing it's not there.

May 20, 2017
Thanks for the feed back will work on that. This is a continuation of this post.
I received great direction and insight then and now I appreciate your wisdom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee