DD 11yr old batting practice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2017
tumblr_pk09kwq8Sw1usf292o1_400.gif

Same type of swing but with out as much forward momentum. Still shift THEN swing and what is with the 'forced' /coach finish. Hard to be long through the ball when hitter is worried about having the same coached finish.

source.gif

She had a problem stopping when she made contact. Wanted her to complete her swing. I agree she isn’t creating enough torque. Worked on getting lower in her legs and better scalp load helped a lot with rotation

Apr 11, 2015
Thanks this really helped. Worked on sinking in legs more and better scalp load. It helped her tremendously
Plays, nothing more to add than "rd" has mentioned wrt the early weight shift that I think you're aware of...but just wanted to say that from your responses, you have a great attitude wrt acceptance of critique, and criticism which is hard for most, and it sounds as though you have a very good understanding of what needs to be done , and how to do it to correct some of the things others are seeing, and bringing to your attention. Well done, I feel your DD is in great hands, and will do well and go far in this game with your help.

Look forward to following her progression as she moves up the ranks,
MB

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Poor coaching at 3rd base, really! Changed a super happy stand up triple into a gettin hosed at the plate. Maybe the game was a blow out, but let the girl be happy with a triple instead of getting hosed at being sad. Its happened to my DD and the coach says it was his fault but she was still upset that she was out at home.

May 20, 2017
Poor coaching at 3rd base, really! Changed a super happy stand up triple into a gettin hosed at the plate. Maybe the game was a blow out, but let the girl be happy with a triple instead of getting hosed at being sad. Its happened to my DD and the coach says it was his fault but she was still upset that she was out at home.

Yeah that was me at third . Sent her because girls behind her swinging at air.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
She had a problem stopping when she made contact. Wanted her to complete her swing. I agree she isn’t creating enough torque. Worked on getting lower in her legs and better scalp load helped a lot with rotation

I run into this with kids that are exceptionally fast. They know that one of their gifts is their speed ... and it is as if they have a need to begin running as soon as they make contact. Finish the swing ... get to the point where the coaches are yelling at her to ***RUN***!!! :)

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018

Interesting, however, that sometimes when you stop them at third you have to deal with kids and parents accusing you of taking away a home run.

You can't win. :)

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Interesting, however, that sometimes when you stop them at third you have to deal with kids and parents accusing you of taking away a home run.

You can't win. :)

Your post reminded me of Roosevelt's "The Man In The Arena" quote ....

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802