DBSFA-(Drop-Barrel-Swing-Flat-Anonymous) a FFF thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 5, 2014
If I was your DD's hitting coach(not a hitting coach but, just a dad). The only 'flaw' I would be addressing right now, would be the lowering/dropping of the hands.

Yes. Has been the #1 area we have been working on. Wish we had the magic elixir but even when we make progress with the tee swings the lowering returns as soon as we get to a moving ball. We just keep plugging away and hope it clicks eventually.

Nov 5, 2014
Messing with Kinovea to try and illustrate hand path to her. My first attempt but I think this could be a useful tool.

[video]https://youtu.be/22XiEKaFcQI[/video]

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
. Asked u a couple of times, does top arm IR as part of tip?
Sorry bh. It's not something I've considered, but sure - I can see those movements as part of the hand goals.

HANK2nd.gif

I'm more interested in the stretch shortening cycle of the hands. Do you see the hands go through ulnar/radial/ulnar? Or the bottom hand go from more pronate to more supinate to more pronate?

Hank didn't overdo it. His hand/wrist movements are subtle compared to what some teach these days. But there is a reason folks talk about his wrists. He had active hands as you can see.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12