Daughter Pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
BM, that is why I asked if her style was influenced by Cheri Kempf. The Kempf video teachs to reach for the net.

TNdad

TNdad
Feb 7, 2010
EAST TN
We did really stick with the "Club K" style pitching starting out. We are not sold on "1" certain way to get things done. Each individual girl have different body types and different things work for different people. We have recently been to a camp held by Rick Pauly. We learned some great stuff there. I've coached teams with pitchers who are really good. They are students of Tincher, Rita Lynn, Pauley, Kempf and others. I think it depends on the student a lot. Someone who works hard and is dedicated and finds a style they are comfortable with. The elite pitchers in the world haven't had the same instructors and coaches. They all have different styles but get the job done.
My daughter isn't an elite pitcher, but wants to be and is working hard.

Jan 27, 2010
The turn of the hand is not in Kempf's book as far as I can tell. Why do you have to turn your hand to reach for the net? Just leave it palm up and reach.
It is in the "The Softball Pitching Edge" video as one of the drills.

Jul 14, 2008
The turn of the hand is not in Kempf's book as far as I can tell. Why do you have to turn your hand to reach for the net? Just leave it palm up and reach.

Palm up and reach???..........Whatter U nuts?........

TN, Your DD "throws the ball" very well........That's why I asked my orginal question........Although I'll have to admit I used "flipping her wrist over" to bait people who don't agree with the I/R principle.........

I wouldn't change a damn thing........Someone did a great job teaching her throw........If that same person does as good a job teaching her to pitch.......She'll have a great college career IMO.........

TNdad

TNdad
Feb 7, 2010
EAST TN
Hey Boardmember. I guess that is a compliment. I just posted her pitching on there to get a few opinions. She does "throw" pretty decent. She has been a pretty decent "pitcher" also. She had a hiccup late last summer for about a month. It was more mental than anything. She went from being a upcoming 8th grader playing playing 14u to playing 16u & 18u and tried to do to much(overthrowing and muscling the ball). I bout went crazy for a few weeks. We left her out there to work thru it and she finished her last few tournys strong against good competition. It is a work in progress. But the person who helped her a lot throwing also helped her a lot pitching. Have a blessed day.

TNdad

TNdad
Feb 7, 2010
EAST TN
Screwball we don't worry about what her hand does now at finish on fastballs. She may look like she is forcing her hand to turnover in video. She has never had a problem with sore wrist or anything. In a couple of the pitches she is throwing a turnaround change. Ideally we want her to have a loose finish. I'm sure you know more about pitching than me. I have made mistakes with drills and pitching in the past. Hopefully I won't make many in the future. Good luck to you and the drills you decide to use.

Apr 20, 2009
Philippines
Softball Pitching entails more than the basics and speed. Your daughter has pretty much established her fundamentals, she can now move to the other aspects of pitching. Knowing what and when the pitches are suppose to be given or what kind of delivery or approach she should use are some of the other things she should be learning. These cannot be learned by just practicing the mechanics it's more of understanding the game over-all.

Sneaky Softball Pitching: Sneaky Pitching Tactics to Destroy a Hitter's Timing

May 4, 2009
Baltimore
Softball Pitching entails more than the basics and speed. Your daughter has pretty much established her fundamentals, she can now move to the other aspects of pitching. Knowing what and when the pitches are suppose to be given or what kind of delivery or approach she should use are some of the other things she should be learning. These cannot be learned by just practicing the mechanics it's more of understanding the game over-all.

Sneaky Softball Pitching: Sneaky Pitching Tactics to Destroy a Hitter's Timing

What's with all the ads for Hal's book? Do you get residuals? I bought the book and it is nice but come on.

Jan 27, 2010
CoachFP, I agree that Hal's book is being promoted more than contributing to the thread's subject by the recent post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12