Daughter is playing too tight

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
She should at least get her reps in practice behind the plate. I have never seen a coach do this. What if starting catcher gets hurt? It’s dumb for a coach not to spend time on development and keeping all players sharp. Furthermore, there has to occasions in the game where she could be slotted in.. weaker teams, big leads.. etc. Relying on one player to catch all the innings is just a bad game plan.

Now I know you can only control what you can control.. but I am just saying the coach is a little out to lunch IMO

Jun 27, 2018
That’s part of what bothered her. It didn’t really matter that she wasn’t getting game time. It was the fact that she wasn’t even getting reps in practice. No other player was either if you weren’t a starter. The bench players kinda did drills off to the side. Drills similar to what you would expect from a 12u team. Heck it didn’t matter to my daughter what position she just wanted to get reps somewhere. She was trying to stay somewhat sharp for tournament ball. Remember this was last Spring. This Spring she made a great leap in her hitting over the winter and she was ready to start playing in a local rec league and she wasn’t planning on playing high school but the season hadn’t started yet and it was still up in the air. Well now we are just hoping we get a summer tournament season. Next school year she is a senior and it’s already been told to us the coach is stepping down. So I hope her senior year she has a decent experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802