Daughter is a tee warrior, but back hip stops on live pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Yes See Williams pic. I want you to put something right where his bottom elbow is. A pool noodle may not hurt your hands as much. She is currently chopping into the word 'THE'.

And neither am I smart enough to understand what everyone is saying. :)
Fastball, what do you think about placing a tennis ball on inside of back elbow and bicep and working on what manny is doing?

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Fastball, what do you think about placing a tennis ball on inside of back elbow and bicep and working on what manny is doing?
If you could cut a slice into the ball and run your belt through it, then swing and brush the outside of the tennis ball with your back elbow. That might help also. (any inventors here?) But the noodle may be her primary fix right now.

You don't want anything on the inside of either bicep since you want those as close to the torso as you can keep them.

Jun 4, 2014
Yes See Williams pic. I want you to put something right where his bottom elbow is. A pool noodle may not hurt your hands as much. She is currently chopping into the word 'THE'.

And neither am I smart enough to understand what everyone is saying. :)

Have any other visuals for placement on this? I'm not quite sure I've got it. We've got an "Advanced Skills Tee" (with the forward arm). I was thinking I could position the forward arm above and behind the regular tee. But then when you said "put something right where his bottom elbow is" I got confused.

Thanks!

Jun 4, 2014

It's still hopeless, but I'm not smart enough to stop trying. I am interested in exploring this further. Do you mean like basically squeezing it between the bicep and forearm?

I feel like it's getting better off the tee (I need to take some video). Off live pitching, we cannot replicate inward coil. Forearm does seem flatter at toe touch. Hands are still always at or below belt on live swings. Thinking about trying the swingrail too.

Aug 20, 2017
Looking for any guidance on how to TRAIN hands above the ball on the swing.
Does she keep her front shoulder down some during stride? Sounds like the front shoulder is most likely moving upwards during stride which will cause the barrel/hands to dump early. Have you tried the TTB drills? This promotes the hands and front elbow to work up which should promote hands above the ball.

Do you have a video of her swing? Sequence is most important imo. Does she get firm into the ground during stride? Do the shoulders tilt initially at swing launch or do they simply rotate around the ball? So many things could be causing the hands to sag...

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Looking for any guidance on how to TRAIN hands above the ball on the swing.

Get the body right first. She has a ‘reach’ with her stride foot. She stays back and reaches. She’s out of balance. Her mass or bb should move forward first. The front knee should become tucked slightly or pulled under her mass because of this. Her stride(lower leg extending forward) should leverage the swing. Right now it’s just catching her. This makes her timing a crap shoot. It’s a balancing issue.

No matter how much you work on the hands,coil, stretch etc. This issue will hinder any work you do until this is fixed.

Reactions: TDS
Jun 4, 2014
Get the body right first. She has a ‘reach’ with her stride foot. She stays back and reaches. She’s out of balance. Her mass or bb should move forward first. The front knee should become tucked slightly or pulled under her mass because of this. Her stride(lower leg extending forward) should leverage the swing. Right now it’s just catching her. This makes her timing a crap shoot. It’s a balancing issue.

No matter how much you work on the hands,coil, stretch etc. This issue will hinder any work you do until this is fixed.

Even when she does this right, the hands/path are still wrong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812