Daughter is a tee warrior, but back hip stops on live pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Apologies.

I’m just tired of the magic mechanics. No such thing.

See ya Professor 😆
No need to apologize and no need to ban yourself. I agree with a lot of what you say I just feel that the hands/forearms do contribute at go. Now that we are clear on that we don't have to debate it anymore..deal? ;)

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
No need to apologize and no need to ban yourself. I agree with a lot of what you say I just feel that the hands/forearms do contribute at go. Now that we are clear on that we don't have to debate it anymore..deal? ;)

Why do I feel like I’m in therapy? What’s even worse is Pattar is my counselor. The hotttest head in all of these forums! I’m in trouble.

You said ‘torque’ the handle. Not forearms and hands are active at ‘go’. Much different correct?

Let’s just drop it. I like to be a martyr when
I act inappropriately. I don’t play victim very well.

Jun 8, 2016
Why do I feel like I’m in therapy? What’s even worse is Pattar is my counselor. The hotttest head in all of these forums! I’m in trouble.
Do I get a trophy or something for that designation? :LOL:
You caught me in a good mood..I have a faculty meeting in 15 minutes so expect that to change (bunch of eggheads talking just to make themselves feel important)...

You said ‘torque’ the handle. Not forearms and hands are active at ‘go’. Much different correct?
I figured the torque part was implied.
Let’s just drop it. I like to be a martyr when
I act inappropriately. I don’t play victim very well.
Agreed..I got more important this to worry about..like what kind of convoluted swing Marcela will be bringing to her ABs this weekend :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
I was just giving an interpretation of what TDS said..I still believe that the barrel path you see is due to a combination of core actions and hand/forearm action. Again, turn it forward. A torque of the handle while also directing (linear motion...letting the "hands out" as TM says) combined with core actions won't produce a dump.
Ok at this point you just want the last word. Trashing Trout in favor of JD? You are reaching really really far now. Check their stats, then delete your post. Nonsense.
Last word because your case is so weak. Every time you try to make a point I use your evidence against you. I didn't trash Mike, I merely observed his comment about adjusting his swing because pitchers discovered a weakness.
You show Trout, I show Trout on plane early and upper-cutting the ball.
You quote Gwynn, I post pic after pic showing Gwynn not practicing what he preaches. You quote Gwynn again, and I show that he's not saying pull the knob or throw hands but turn the barrel (swing the knob is what he says)
You post and quote Donaldson as changing his approach away from Tewks and I show Josh in the same position saying the same things as Tewks.
You post a video of Trout and I show pics from your first video proving that he doesn't swing the way he thinks he swings.
....all using your posted videos and quotes.
You just don't know when you're beaten.
Initially didn't want to enter into a debate with you stating that your mind is made up and no amount of evidence would convince you.
With that I'll give you the last word. I'm done.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2014
Progress? I did cherry pick a high pitch. Most swings hands are still at belt or below. This is just front toss. I'm happy there is some turn in of the front knee and that she gains ground - these have been difficult to obtain when hitting other than off a tee.

Bat is too flat at toe touch. When I fake her out and don't actually pitch the ball to her the bat stays closer to 45 degrees. Also when we hit off the tee, the back foot comes off the ground and moves forward a little 100% of the time now. Not so with front toss.

20190923_094019.gif

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Progress? I did cherry pick a high pitch. Most swings hands are still at belt or below. This is just front toss. I'm happy there is some turn in of the front knee and that she gains ground - these have been difficult to obtain when hitting other than off a tee.

Bat is too flat at toe touch. When I fake her out and don't actually pitch the ball to her the bat stays closer to 45 degrees. Also when we hit off the tee, the back foot comes off the ground and moves forward a little 100% of the time now. Not so with front toss.

View attachment 15152
She's on her way....
Try this....focus on early barrel turn.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.

View attachment 15152
20190923_094019-gif.15152
Try this....focus on early barrel turn.
NCMQZvt.gif

Mannyhs3.gif

Jul 29, 2013
That's a poor video. Can't pause it or slow it down so there's nothing to see but a lob pitch that might have gone yard or might be a ground out to short. He does have a pretty big bat tip and he may be turning the barrel around his right arm but I can't tell.

Jun 8, 2016
That's a poor video. Can't pause it or slow it down so there's nothing to see but a lob pitch that might have gone yard or might be a ground out to short. He does have a pretty big bat tip and he may be turning the barrel around his right arm but I can't tell.
Not that it matters but "he" is Manny Ramirez in HS. It also doesn't matter that it is a lob pitch or where the ball went.. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22