Daughter is a tee warrior, but back hip stops on live pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
[AreQUOTE="TDS, post: 530086, member: 2008"]
P1LVTYB.gif

wPLT0Qz.gif

ZR3yDY5.gif

[/QUOTE]
Are these examples of turning the barrel or dumping the barrel?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I understand. What I want to point out is that when the hands accelerate in a direction, the barrel of the bat accelerates in the opposite direction. Torque is applied to the bat by Teacherman's accelerating his hands first forward and then accelerating them rearward (negative acceleration). The barrel is placed very forward and then when he moves his hands forward, the barrel moves rearward. Ted does the same thing. I don't think the hands alone can generate the power to create that movement and acceleration. Try this, don't let your hands move as a unit laterally or vertically and then see if you can generate that acceleration merely by swapping their location. You can create the movement, but not the degree of acceleration. Everything affects everything.

Ted uses his core, as stated by Pattar. That’s what pulls the hands, you don’t torque the handle. You torque the core. If not, your releasing the barrel too early and compromising your swing plane. As JD said, it’s what allowed him to hit .300 etc etc. don’t dump the barrel.

Jul 29, 2013
I gave you words and actions out of their mouths and swing. But you want still pics? Or you want me to show you? I thought I did that?
What I hear from you is "hands to the ball, don't turn the barrel, swing down, barrel above ball and hands."
I say "turn the barrel early and then hands to the ball if necessary, upward swing path, get the barrel below the hands" With pics to support. There are a lot of imperfect swings out there but if you aply physics there is one swing that results in more hard hit balls that fly over fences and it ain't hands to the ball swinging down.
IMHO
The Tewksbary swing video was to answer a question of the original poster, "what is 'turn the barrel' ?" And here we are.....

Jun 8, 2016
Ted uses his core, as stated by Pattar. That’s what pulls the hands, you don’t torque the handle. You torque the core. If not, your releasing the barrel too early and compromising your swing plane. As JD said, it’s what allowed him to hit .300 etc etc. don’t dump the barrel.
I was just giving an interpretation of what TDS said..I still believe that the barrel path you see is due to a combination of core actions and hand/forearm action. Again, turn it forward. A torque of the handle while also directing (linear motion...letting the "hands out" as TM says) combined with core actions won't produce a dump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45