Daughter is a tee warrior, but back hip stops on live pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Yes there is direction to the swing. No one said there wasn’t. There is a pull and a turn done deep in the zone with the hands. Bobby wants the barrel on plane deep. I’m trying to show him that is not how you plane a pitch. It’s dumping. He just doesnt know it yet.
Those demos of Tewks and TM to me are exaggerations. Just like the Pujols demo, which just demonstrates a pull (but no turn done deep in the zone), is an exaggeration. Most kids have no issues with the pull action but the turn deep in the zone, as you call it, is a problem. The turn deep in the zone is a whole body action aided by both sequenced core actions and hand/forearm actions ( I know you and TDS will disagree with the latter..that is fine).

Jul 29, 2013
Tewks is commiting his barrel at ‘go’. JD is not. Tewks is turning his barrel into the swing arc at go. JD is creating swing direction at go. There’s a big difference.

Did you just ask for ‘still’ pics to describe an athletic movement? Is that how you help hitters get better by showing them pictures of positions they are in? LOL. Not the actions that got them into those positions???

He gets his hands in the zone early and deep. Not the bat. He is planing the pitch with his hands! He even says ‘if my hand isn’t flat’ etc etc.

The only TTB mechanic that is worth a darn is swing direction. That is not what Tewks was demoing. He was getting his barrel on plane deep. Not his hands.

Hitting isn’t a guess. It’s a constant adjustment to the pitcher. The bombs you see hit on TV usually aren’t adjustments. They are fatties. Or anticipated location/pitches.

So hitters never adjust? They just guess? I don’t think so.
Anticipated = Guessing
I'm guessing you'll never understand. And I anticipate you won't provide any evidence to support your claims.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
This is what I'm trying to explain:
View attachment 14394

You are on the right track with this photo. At contact her left arm is pinned to her side. Her left elbow needs to work up, this will allow her hands to go down towards the ball path. Look at Manny's left elbow in post #46, it is flexed and it goes down initially but then as the shoulders continue to rotate the elbow goes up. This will put her bat on a flatter path to the ball.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Those demos of Tewks and TM to me are exaggerations. Just like the Pujols demo, which just demonstrates a pull (but no turn done deep in the zone), is an exaggeration. Most kids have no issues with the pull action but the turn deep in the zone, as you call it, is a problem. The turn deep in the zone is a whole body action aided by both sequenced core actions and hand/forearm actions ( I know you and TDS will disagree with the latter..that is fine).

Nice post. Swing direction is hard to attain when one is not in sequence. It can become handsy or slack filled.

Imo it’s the main reason why TTB was born.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
What? Both actions are forced. Naturally healthy sequence? As if the bat swings itself? Wth?

One is an action while the other is a reaction.

bGwQFVw.gif

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
One is an action while the other is a reaction.

bGwQFVw.gif
Oh, so you mean the laws if physics were followed? Specifically, "for every action...."
Maybe you could provide an example of when the laws of physics aren't followed so I can see what an unnatural, unhealthy swing looks like.

Jul 29, 2013
I posted the best player in baseball actions and the best hitter in the MLB in the 80s and 90s. A HOFer. What more proof do you need?
Maybe an picture or video example that actually supports your argument instead of examples that defeat you. Show me, don't tell me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812