Dating ads?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Not going to cry about ads on the site, they pay the bills and are fairly innocuous, but I think it's a little off to advertise 18-27 year old women available to date on a forum about youth sports for young women.
If it's possible to filter out certain categories of ads, I think it would be better.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
The ads you see are based on your own browsing history. That said, I think they extrapolate pretty far sometimes.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
With people continuing to complain about ads, my question is, and I don't really know, is it hard for some to access adblocker? I simply downloaded it on both Chrome and Firefox and the ads disappeared.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
The ads are useless without knowing which one to go to, can we have a sticky so posters can share their experiences so we can know which ones are the good ones to go to?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
With people continuing to complain about ads, my question is, and I don't really know, is it hard for some to access adblocker? I simply downloaded it on both Chrome and Firefox and the ads disappeared.

Ad blocker works great on Google Chrome, but I also have a first generation iPad, and it only supports iOS 5.1 and all of the ad blockers want iOS 7.1 or higher. Therefore I am stuck viewing ads until I save enough money for a new iPad, and that is not easy during softball season, especially when the new bats are being released.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Ad blocker works great on Google Chrome, but I also have a first generation iPad, and it only supports iOS 5.1 and all of the ad blockers want iOS 7.1 or higher. Therefore I am stuck viewing ads until I save enough money for a new iPad, and that is not easy during softball season, especially when the new bats are being released.I

I knew that there had to be some answer. I don't own a smart phone and so, I never have to worry about that. ... and let's not get into my having to be "smart" in order to have a "smart phone."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eb7598