Dante Bichette

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
I'm not a big fan of TTB.. but it's amazing what Dante has done with some of the Blue Jays hitters this season. More hitters are buying in as the season goes on as well. Many many hits to Oppo and UTM.

Listen to what he has to say here
(2:19)

I'm also not saying TTB is the reason for their transformation.. but I'm not saying it isn't either.

Nov 16, 2017
Interesting, If youth hitters try what he is showing at 1:42 they will have a massive loop never touch anything up in the zone.

Then he says if you don't completely collapse your back side, and then it looks great. Looks like a Trout swing haha. Well because it is not collapsing of the back side. It is turning from being in correct posture.

This appears to be the Donaldson school of hitting, Tewskbury. It works, but is not HOF.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm not a big fan of TTB.. but it's amazing what Dante has done with some of the Blue Jays hitters this season. More hitters are buying in as the season goes on as well. Many many hits to Oppo and UTM.

Listen to what he has to say here
(2:19)

I'm also not saying TTB is the reason for their transformation.. but I'm not saying it isn't either.

Good video. You have spent a lot of time developing an understanding of what the pros actually mean by swinging down. You admit that their demos are not complete. That they are missing key components that must be necessary when they swing in a game. It's a shame you don't apply the same type of commitment to learn what TTB really means. This video does a nice job. Especially when senior gets involved. Thanks for posting.

May 12, 2016
Good video. You have spent a lot of time developing an understanding of what the pros actually mean by swinging down. You admit that their demos are not complete. That they are missing key components that must be necessary when they swing in a game. It's a shame you don't apply the same type of commitment to learn what TTB really means. This video does a nice job. Especially when senior gets involved. Thanks for posting.
For years I've listened to people on this site, followed buddy on Twitter, listened to what others teach including Antonelli, Tewks.. etc. I have taught my own DD TTB for years.. I am not sure why you assume I have not spent my time and energy learning what TTB is and how it can be applied :)

I've said hundreds of times on here that I am not in a certain camp, I giving credit where credit is deserved. I am seeing some major improvements in the Jays hitters this year, I believe Bichette deserves a lot of credit. I'm giving it to him regardless what I believe and I am interested to hear what some of the Jays hitters have to say about it as the season progresses. I know one thing for certain they are letting the ball get deeper and staying through it better. And some of them have adapted Bo Bichette's no-stride 2 strike approach with success.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Josh D makes it clear what TTB is. Others in the past have said its a speed component of the swing. It’s clearly not. That was the original argument, ‘rearward barrel speed deep behind a hitter’. Folks elsewhere are being exposed. think JD put this video out for this very reason.

This is why folks here and other places have discouraged TTB. It was being represented as force production not a precision mechanic.

May 12, 2016
I not sure JD put this video for this reason, with all due respect that seems a little far fetched to me. But he does indeed say the rearward movement of the barrel(what Bichette is illustrating above) has nothing to do with power.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I not sure JD put this video for this reason, with all due respect that seems a little far fetched to me. But he does indeed say the rearward movement of the barrel(what Bichette is illustrating above) has nothing to do with power.

JD made it clear what TTB was. Why would he? Was he getting feedback from other players/coaches/people saying it’s for a rearward launch etc? Hmm. I find it quite obvious bc he says this after Judge blew up and explained what TTB is to him. So JD explained himself, prolly not wanting to be mixed up w Judge and such. That’s subjective. I’m really trying hard to not make it another thread about you know who so...

The first vid JD did w Derosa, he didn’t talk much about the barrel but his movements and how to take slack out. He mentioned ‘splitting his head w the barrel’ basically. The other few vids he didn’t mention TTB much either. He talked about ‘planing’ w his arms etc.The more recent vid is about TTB but in more detail. Why the need?

Jmo at the end of the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802