Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Dante Bichette

May 12, 2016
Ok then make a video of yourself. That is what I did. I made a video of myself proving that I could swing down to and down through. I thought I was so clever. Then I watched the video. To swing down to and down through I had to have upright posture and no turn.

I then took the down to and forced myself to add the posture and turn and I was hitting not lofting bombs which I could always do, but piss rockets. It was a ah hah moment for me. It took guessing out of hitting.

I challenge you to video yourself swinging down, like the best of all time demo.

You can watch all the dagum video you want, it will not matter until you put a bat in your hands and try it.
Much respect for James for actually putting at bat in his hands and feeling it out and posting a video of it as well

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Do the shoulders get to much counter rotated? Resulting in the upper needing to turn a large distance?
Shawn, swinging from a leveraged position allows for the barrel to stay on plane and in the zone longer.

VS all back all forward the barrel is chopped down across the plane.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Is this like the Epstein 1-2-3? Work the mechanics of the core first. As Epstein said work on the technique and not the style.
I think it is interesting that he has a tee set up when hitting front toss. It doesn't even look like he is tracking the moving ball but there may be frames missing which make it look like that. I think I have an idea about what that setup is trying to accomplish but would be curious to hear other's opinions on it.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I think it is interesting that he has a tee set up when hitting front toss. It doesn't even look like he is tracking the moving ball but there may be frames missing which make it look like that. I think I have an idea about what that setup is trying to accomplish but would be curious to hear other's opinions on it.
I believe it’s an adjustability drill.. in in out etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brick123