Dallas/Ft worth pitching coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 22, 2015
Just so you know, Houston is way better than Dallas in every way! My kid goes to college in Dallas and I was born there, but just sayin' Houston has more softball programs, we are way nicer, have way better food options, we are very humble and we love Bill Hillhouse the mostest! I was just pumpin' you up to a buddy of mine who owns a batting cage facility, where my kid just did a pitching/hitting session with her college teammate. He is open to hosting camps and clinics. I am sure that you would need a minimum of 15-20 students in order to justify your time, energy, expenses, etc right? We have better tacos than Dallas too. Amanda Scarborough and Cat Osterman are from Houston just to name a few. Scrapyard Sports is based out of Houston....dang that didn't help. Orange Socks has lived in Houston since 1975. I am not biased!
I thought some of this thread was sarcastic, but now I know for sure!

Aug 21, 2008
I actually love Houston, I even pitched for a Houston team off an on for a few years, and have played there several times. (All over Texas really). So I do love Texas. The Dallas thing started with a clinic 15 years ago, then it went to every month, then people stopped wanting "clinics" and wanted individual private lessons. Then the onslaught of people from all over started coming to Dallas. The facility where I did lessons for 10 years closed (in Carrolton), and I started using a different one up in Denton. That's the genesis of that whole Dallas thing. The key to holding weekends (clinics or weekend lessons) is the indoor facility to use (inexpensively). Most people say "It's Texas, sunny every day... do it at a park outside for free!!!". Great advice. Except you and your kid show up for 1 hour lessons and disappear into the A/C..... I'm in 100+ degrees for 13 hours per day with sun blisters everywhere. So it has to be done inside, with A/C is my preference. It's usually at this point EVERYONE says they have a contact that has a batting cage place, indoor place, a D-Bats facility or whatever they can get to use. Then they are told the price tag to use it and all the sudden people realize it's not show "Friends"... it's show "Business". Keeping in mind, I have an approx $1000 (or more) overhead in going anywhere for a weekend (flight, rental car, hotel, meals... and then sometimes adding facility charges on top of that. IT"S NOT CHEAP TO HOST SOMEONE FOR A WEEKEND, regardless of if it's me or anyone. Assuming the indoor place is handled, the rest is pretty easy. The students will sign up from all over (Priority is given to the host or host organization).

Yea, the Scrapyard dogs don't help the cause therefore I guess I'm racist. Osterman is married now, her interest in me has wavered since. But Amanda..... she and I would probably click pretty fast, she just doesn't know that yet.