Dallas/Ft worth pitching coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
I don't know TX geography, but Sarah Pauly--Rick Pauly's daughter and professional softball pitcher--is based in Corpus Christi, TX.

Jul 22, 2015
I don't know TX geography, but Sarah Pauly--Rick Pauly's daughter and professional softball pitcher--is based in Corpus Christi, TX.
It would only be a little farther to drive to your area :) Maybe exaggerating a little, Anyone know if Hillhouse still comes to DFW?

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2008
It would only be a little farther to drive to your area :) Maybe exaggerating a little, Anyone know if Hillhouse still comes to DFW?

I know the answer to this one!!! He has NOT been to DFW in about 18 months due to jobs within the NCAA and now with Covid. Once things get a little more back to normal, I think he wants to go back. :)

Mar 28, 2014
I know the answer to this one!!! He has NOT been to DFW in about 18 months due to jobs within the NCAA and now with Covid. Once things get a little more back to normal, I think he wants to go back. :)
Hey Hillhouse, can you ask Bill why he never comes to Houston. :)

Aug 21, 2008
Ok, I asked him. He said for a couple reasons: 1 is Covid 19. Besides that, a minimum of 5 Houston kids would go to Dallas on the weekends he was there. In fact they 'd come from El Paso, Corpus Cristi, even as far as Denver, Seattle, Wisconsin, Tampa, Ohio, etc. because Dallas has the multiple airports making it less expensive to travel to for a weekend. A nearby Hampton Inn also gave the "hillhouse rate" of $62 per night (free hot breakfast) on each weekend too. So on a given weekend of 28 lessons over a weekend, maybe 10 kids were actually from Dallas.... crazy huh? Anyway, he's been to Houston a few times (and San Antonio) but needs to find a place in Houston that he could make regular visits to. So it's not impossible once the world goes off it's own suicide watch. He said he likes Houston a lot, except for almost passing out from heat while pitching there in late June once. Ammonia water saved his life! WOW, how refreshing!

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
Ok, I asked him. He said for a couple reasons: 1 is Covid 19. Besides that, a minimum of 5 Houston kids would go to Dallas on the weekends he was there. In fact they 'd come from El Paso, Corpus Cristi, even as far as Denver, Seattle, Wisconsin, Tampa, Ohio, etc. because Dallas has the multiple airports making it less expensive to travel to for a weekend. A nearby Hampton Inn also gave the "hillhouse rate" of $62 per night (free hot breakfast) on each weekend too. So on a given weekend of 28 lessons over a weekend, maybe 10 kids were actually from Dallas.... crazy huh? Anyway, he's been to Houston a few times (and San Antonio) but needs to find a place in Houston that he could make regular visits to. So it's not impossible once the world goes off it's own suicide watch. He said he likes Houston a lot, except for almost passing out from heat while pitching there in late June once. Ammonia water saved his life! WOW, how refreshing!

When you talk to him again, tell him that I have 1 pitcher who would do Houston. Sounds like texasheat might be in to make 2. I'm betting I could ask around and find a few more.

Mar 28, 2014
Late June is our cool season. Should come here in August if you want to feel some heat.

Tell Bill Houston has multiple airports as well as cheap hotels with free breakfasts and if he needs help finding said hotel let me know.

Aug 21, 2008
When you talk to him again, tell him that I have 1 pitcher who would do Houston. Sounds like texasheat might be in to make 2. I'm betting I could ask around and find a few more.

I'll let him know flying to Houston for 1 (potentially 2 students) is great financial advice. He is fantastic with money so I'm sure the value will be evident. He is famous for not understanding how the bank account could be empty when he still had blank checks in the check book. LOL.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I'll let him know flying to Houston for 1 (potentially 2 students) is great financial advice. He is fantastic with money so I'm sure the value will be evident. He is famous for not understanding how the bank account could be empty when he still had blank checks in the check book. LOL.
Just so you know, Houston is way better than Dallas in every way! My kid goes to college in Dallas and I was born there, but just sayin' Houston has more softball programs, we are way nicer, have way better food options, we are very humble and we love Bill Hillhouse the mostest! I was just pumpin' you up to a buddy of mine who owns a batting cage facility, where my kid just did a pitching/hitting session with her college teammate. He is open to hosting camps and clinics. I am sure that you would need a minimum of 15-20 students in order to justify your time, energy, expenses, etc right? We have better tacos than Dallas too. Amanda Scarborough and Cat Osterman are from Houston just to name a few. Scrapyard Sports is based out of Houston....dang that didn't help. Orange Socks has lived in Houston since 1975. I am not biased!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802