Dad too demanding on daughter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 3, 2010
We have a parent of a girl on my daughters travel team who is way too involved every time gets up to bat. He gets really worked up and yells at her to "bust one" or gets really critical when she swings at a bad pitch and gives instructions to her. She hasn't hit well at all so far and I know this is a big part of the reason. She is a good athlete and player but her dad is putting way too much pressure on her. He is very involved and helps coach during practices. HE brings big coolers of ice a drinks for the girls at games, a fan for the dugout and pop up shelters so I think maybe the coaches are afraid of offending him because he does so much.

This team has way too many "coaches" around at practice. I was told by one of the official coaches that he wanted my help at practice for the travel team but after the first day I just decided to not bother because it seemed every other dad was on the field helping out. I think generally everyone gets alone pretty well but the coaches probably need to take control of the situation better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802