D1 Power 5 coaches remembering my DD!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 25, 2019
So my DD will be a second year 14u 2025 catcher on a National organization that just recently achieved a National tag within their organization. She has attended a couple of camps this past year and has been really hammering it when it comes to emailing coaches with updates and highlight videos, passing out flyers and introducing herself, etc. But as an incoming freshman, you never quite know what emails are being read and what info is being remembered because they obviously can't email you back with too much. Well, she attended a camp this weekend and was making some rounds introducing herself to some SEC assistant coaches and handing out flyers when one assistant was like, "Yeah, I got your email and I have this flyer" or something along those lines. WHAT?? Awesome...they do read them. Then, she introduced herself earlier in the day and gave another SEC assistant a flyer and when it came time for my DD to do some throwdowns they were asking for each girl's name. Well before my DD could even say anything, the SEC assistant said, "that's Impact Ava" (my DD's team is Impact Gold). It might just be a mneumonic device she used to remember her name but hey, I'll take it. She remembered her name nonetheless. As for the camp, she did well on evaluation day. Went 2 for 5 at the plate on scrimmage day with zero stolen base attempts and 2 runners advancing on wild pitches in 4 innings of work. She also got to play a little 1st and a little 3rd. Overall, it was a good weekend.

Apr 25, 2019
Really?! This IS the Shameless Parent Brag Forum you know. If you don't want to read about others accomplishments, feel free not to visit this particular forum again.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that took it this way. I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt but I couldn't help but think "wow"

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Beyond the shameless bragging, I think your post shows what your DD's good marketing of herself can do! Lots of players/parents come here seeking answers to the mysteries of college recruiting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802