D1 compared to D2

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
keep in mind that the rules about time spent practicing with team does not take into account "individual" workouts and "captains practices", which while may not have a coach involved, coaches get the low down on (ie who is and who is not putting in that extra time), trust me.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
12 full scholarships” (or whatever number is applicable) is an equivalent. The coach could
Is this a common practice? We're just starting to make our preliminary list of colleges and tuition costs are obviously a big factor. Quite often, the difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition is huge. It would seem logical that programs could get a potential player on the in-state cost without committing any actual scholarship dollars. Is that allowed?
It really depends on the university. Some have large areas they offer instate tuition to. One of my coworkers has a son attending Miss St and is considered "in-state". He lives just north of Birmingham and the county Birmingham is in gets in-state state tuition rates.

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
It really depends on the university. Some have large areas they offer instate tuition to. One of my coworkers has a son attending Miss St and is considered "in-state". He lives just north of Birmingham and the county Birmingham is in gets in-state state tuition rates.

I'll go one step further. Every SEC school considers the entire state of Cali as "in-state"

:oops:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Since the question was about D-I and D-II wrt scholarships, keep in mind that many universities don't have the NCAA number of allowed scholarships. My dd was being recruited by one D-I school that only had 9 scholarships total.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478