CV19 must be making you people crazy!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
I just read a thread where someone asked for advise. By page two, Boardmember and Hillhouse had both responded and you people kep giving advice. Once Boardmember and Hillhouse responded, that thread was over. No need to compete with their advice. 😎

Wow, that's quite a compliment. i wish you'd have given that advice to my ex-wife.

I don't know why this surprises you. No matter how much I talk about the ridiculousness of a "screwball" people will go to their lessons, buy videos, and believe this pitch actually exists. Or letting someone above 10 years old call any pitch a "fastball" that stays straight, and they think this is a good thing!! I simply cannot understand it, and I realize I'm spitting into the ocean trying to stop it from happening.

I enjoy reading what other people write, especially since I have a lot of extra time on my hands. I just wish people who disagree would state why they think what they do and on what they are actually basing this on. This is the elitist in me now but, I have stood in the batters box vs. the best pitchers in fastpitch softball, I've been in the pitching circle against the best teams in the world... if someone has a different opinion on things, I say great. But tell me why and what kind of experience you have to back it up. In absolutely no way am I saying someone has to have pitched in the world championship to be a great coach, we all know that. But sometimes this is like someone who can't swim telling Micheal Phelps how to be faster. Wait, what????? And for whatever reason, a huge majority of pitching coaches who played college softball don't do any research on pitching, they just teach the same stuff they were taught, even though they didn't actually pitch that way. It boggles my mind. Not me, nor Boardmember, nor Rick Pauly, Rich Balswick, or Java, know everything there is to know about pitching. But I truly wish more moms/dads would try this pitching stuff themselves. Pitch up against a brick wall as I did as a kid. Figure it out, see how it feels. REALIZE that this is FREAKING hard to do and you'll get a better understanding of what your DD is going through.

Bad pitching coaches fall from sheer indifference. The more people read good info the more the H/E authority figures will be deprived of the vamp-uric energy they suck off their students and will be seen for what they are. Look at the prison H/E parents are in, that most of you were in at some point. It's a penal colony that is a death camp for a pitcher's career. Desperation is the raw material for drastic change. Only those who can leave behind everything they have ever believed in can hope to escape. Some may think these are overstatements, too dramatic. But if you want to be a really good pitcher, it's that serious and that important to know what's right. It's not just your time you waste but your money, you wouldn't invest in Therano's stock right now would you? (look it up on YouTube) No, because it's been proven to be a fake.

Off my soapbox.

Bill

Aug 21, 2008
They didn’t respond to my DD thread down below 😩😩😩

cornbread, I don't really reply to video messages on the board. I know Boardmember does sometimes, and obviously a lot of others do too. I do "video analysis" as part of my House of Pitching business, and if I had a quarter for every email I get daily from people who send a video clip asking for some "small feedback" I could probably quit doing lessons full time. I truly feel like a jerk when I have to tell people I'm sorry I can't really comment on it like you're asking. Most people apologize and completely understand, a few don't reply to my message at all. And I'm not soliciting them for business, just telling them why I can't do what they're asking. And it happens DAILY.

Bill

Aug 20, 2017
cornbread, I don't really reply to video messages on the board. I know Boardmember does sometimes, and obviously a lot of others do too. I do "video analysis" as part of my House of Pitching business, and if I had a quarter for every email I get daily from people who send a video clip asking for some "small feedback" I could probably quit doing lessons full time. I truly feel like a jerk when I have to tell people I'm sorry I can't really comment on it like you're asking. Most people apologize and completely understand, a few don't reply to my message at all. And I'm not soliciting them for business, just telling them why I can't do what they're asking. And it happens DAILY.

Bill
No worries Bill! I bought House of Pitching about 5 years ago. I know you guys get bombarded with inboxes from here. I would like to shout out Doug Romrell for corresponding with me! He has helped a ton! And all the other DFPers that responded! Thanks! Couldn’t make it with out this forum with all the time off I have 😉

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
Bill’s only on here because due to being Locked up in the house he has watched every episode of Catfish and is bored. ;)

Aug 21, 2008
Bill’s only on here because due to being Locked up in the house he has watched every episode of Catfish and is bored. ;)

2nd Greatest show ever, Catfish. One episode rolls into the next and I can't stop, literally. I spend my days watching it on MTV. Then, on weekends, it's Cheaters on VH1. That is the greatest. Talk about exploiting people at their worst. All of these are a substitute for the "I am Cait" show, Caitlyn Jenner which cancelled after 1 season. Are you kidding, that's the best. Bruce Jenner in a size 14 shoe wearing a dress?? It's absolutely fantastic TV. Every episode is about which bathroom to use. I can't get enough.

Mar 28, 2014
2nd Greatest show ever, Catfish. One episode rolls into the next and I can't stop, literally. I spend my days watching it on MTV. Then, on weekends, it's Cheaters on VH1. That is the greatest. Talk about exploiting people at their worst. All of these are a substitute for the "I am Cait" show, Caitlyn Jenner which cancelled after 1 season. Are you kidding, that's the best. Bruce Jenner in a size 14 shoe wearing a dress?? It's absolutely fantastic TV. Every episode is about which bathroom to use. I can't get enough.
Ken Burns' Baseball is on MLB right now and one the best shows about baseball ever made.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802