Custom gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Custom gloves that manufactures offer on their website are not true customs they're just called that because of webbing and color choices. They're stock models dressed up
No, not true at all............take just changing the colors, stitching, and embroidery, yeah I can see your point. But when you have the choice of which actual leather, how stiff, which web, what type of shearling, palm liner material, anywhere from soft to extra stiff finger stays, palm pad material....and whether or not to even have a palm pad, those are custom options! And some Rawlings models you can only order as a custom, they're not available any other way!

And Bart at Glovesmith will change finger length, hand stall and finger stall size, he'll even thin out the leather for you as an option. Not sure how many customs you've ever had or ordered before?

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020
Bart at Glovesmith will change finger length, hand stall and finger stall size, he'll even thin out the leather for you as an option. Not sure how many customs you've ever had or ordered before?

I know Bart.

I've never ordered a custom glove. I just go through the warehouse and pick what I want. When I played I was signed by SSK and Wilson They had them made for me, but I was always measured and fitted. 90% of the gloves they gave me I gave to teammates who needed them

Oct 4, 2018

I'm referring to the sites where you don't have choices of leather, lining, etc. and limited choices in webbing and such. I've not seen (or gone through) the sites or process where every choice is available. The "custom" glove ads and sites I've seen are more about color choices.

I see from your post above that there are custom gloves that can offer all those things. That's awesome. Does it add a lot to the price?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
That's awesome. Does it add a lot to the price?
Of the two I named earlier.....Rawlings & Glovesmith, they have set prices on their customs. Sites like Gloveworks will add on $ the more options you add, they have a set price already but there's an additional page you can click on that'll give you a menu of others options you can add to your custom. ***But Gloveworks is considerably less expensive than a Rawlings or Glovesmith custom!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22