Custom gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2019
Thinking of getting kid her own custom glove. Found a site 44 gloves does anyone recommendI this brand . I was thinking Nokona but not sure

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thinking of getting kid her own custom glove. Found a site 44 gloves does anyone recommendI this brand . I was thinking Nokona but not sure
As far as all the new crop of custom gloves popping up, look at Glovesworks. They absolutely blow 44 and Rico away, no comparison, not even in the same ballpark!

On their builder, select the Pro Steerhide!

Dec 19, 2019
She’s 12 needs a outfielders glove and not to concerned about cost just don’t want to pay the inflated Rawlings / Wilson prices

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
She’s 12 needs a outfielders glove and not to concerned about cost just don’t want to pay the inflated Rawlings / Wilson prices
I was going to recommend a 12.5” custom Rawlings Pro302 with a full Six-finger trap..........outfield perfection! Looks like Rawlings isn’t offering the Pro302 with a full trap anymore. :mad:

The 302 is a pattern similar to the Vinci RV1961, wide up top at the fingertips (thumb to pinky), somewhat narrow heel, and a very snug hand stall for an adult outfield pattern.

Rawlings does (of course) offer a custom Pro302 with a H-web, which the majority here like more anyway.

Jun 26, 2020
Gloves are very personal. If your going to invest that much make absolutely sure its what she wants/needs.
There's your best answer. Custom gloves that manufactures offer on their website are not true customs they're just called that because of webbing and color choices. They're stock models dressed up

Oct 4, 2018
It's certainly fun to customize colors, get your name and number stitched in, have colored laces...

Not sure if it ever gives the player the best glove though. I think you're downgrading a bit of performance, technology, quality for the custom design. And for most players, that's probably fine.

I have a killer bright red glove that says COACH DREW.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802