Custom glove question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoachJ5513

BlueJ5513
Sep 29, 2010
Texas
NCAA 3.6.2 - Any player's glove May not be the color of the ball but may be any combination of other colors.

NFHS 1-4-1 - Any player's glove can be a maximum of two colors not distracting. Lacing shall not be the color of the ball. Glove/mitt may not be entirely Optic Yellow. No markings inside or outside that give the appearance of the ball are allowed

USA 3.4 - Pitcher's Glove - may be one solid color or multicolor as long as one of the colors is not the color of the ball used in the game played.

RJK

Mar 23, 2022
Im also considering getting my daughter a custom glove. One of the team colors is yellow (not optic yellow). Is the color yellow allowed on a glove or is that too close to the color of the ball? Currently in USA Softball rules. I've read the rules, Im just kinda confused if there is a difference between "yellow" & "optic yellow" according to the rules. Thanks!

Jun 6, 2018
If she is not a pitcher than it does not matter RJK. If she is a pitcher than all I can say is who knows. You could have 20 umps see it is not optic yellow and never say a word and then some coach who is losing brings it up to local ump and now it is a problem.

Also, if you can avoid Wilson for custom gloves - DO SO!!! Ordered in December and just keeps getting pushed back with no refund or anything. Even more frustrating is Rawlings guaranty on custom glove delivery in 7 weeks. I am approaching 21 weeks and Wilson doesn't care about losing my business going forward. They are horrible!

RJK

Mar 23, 2022
Thanks Pigskinguru34! She is a pitcher so that might get dicey depending on the umpire.

Good information to know about them! How's the quality on Tigress or Rico? (if you happen to know).

Aug 15, 2021
Thanks Pigskinguru34! She is a pitcher so that might get dicey depending on the umpire.

Good information to know about them! How's the quality on Tigress or Rico? (if you happen to know).
A glove guy in the forum had recommended DeMarini Cypress custom glove as a good value to quality option. It is a baseball glove, but if broken in with a softball is fine. I ordered one for my DD who is a pitcher and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the glove and it was delivered on time.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
If she is not a pitcher than it does not matter RJK. If she is a pitcher than all I can say is who knows. You could have 20 umps see it is not optic yellow and never say a word and then some coach who is losing brings it up to local ump and now it is a problem.

Also, if you can avoid Wilson for custom gloves - DO SO!!! Ordered in December and just keeps getting pushed back with no refund or anything. Even more frustrating is Rawlings guaranty on custom glove delivery in 7 weeks. I am approaching 21 weeks and Wilson doesn't care about losing my business going forward. They are horrible!
You're correct about Wilson's custom gloves. I ordered one for a client on November 27th and was just given an updated ship date of 4/29/22. Five months? Did they have to birth the cow to get the leather? Rawlings has been consistent at 6-8 weeks. If you go custom, go with a Pro Preferred. You will not regret it.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020
DD had always used Wilson gloves, but got interested in customs. Started with a 44 Pro, quality seems ok, a little hard to break in. Marucci on the next, and she LOVES it. Wish I would have ordered another, because I noticed they had a pretty steep price increase recently. Heard good things about Gloveworks, ordered her one of the "game day" models as a backup, and liked it enough that I ordered myself one. Still breaking in, but seems to be well made. My limited experience with them so far leads me to think they are a good value, but I cant speak as to how it will last.

RJK

Mar 23, 2022
@Ready41 This isnt what I'm trying to get but just to give you an idea of optic yellow vs yellow. The yellow is the laces and the optic yellow is the binding.
bScreen Shot 2022-03-30 at 12.56.24 PM.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariafermin279