Currently...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
I can post a video, but more than one video is needed IMO... so sometimes I like to discuss what results from many swings. TBH, some of the most valuable information I have received on here came from discussions about the results of my DD's swing and not video. Post a video and a lot of people forget the content and context of the discussion. For example, my DD has issues with her lower half,...... [post a video]... suggestion from DFP member, "TTB". :ROFLMAO:

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
This may be nothing, but what part of the ball is she focusing on hitting? Middle? If so, perhaps focus on bottom half and those grounders start to get some lift (as long as swing and plane remain same?) Again, probably nothing, but figured I'd stick that out there. And no guarantee it even helps.

May 12, 2016
This may be nothing, but what part of the ball is she focusing on hitting? Middle? If so, perhaps focus on bottom half and those grounders start to get some lift (as long as swing and plane remain same?) Again, probably nothing, but figured I'd stick that out there. And no guarantee it even helps.
Good point, and from my angle on a couple of her swings this weekend she was hitting the top part of the ball.. and yes I'm an idiot :). Prior to our national tournament we knew we would be facing some tough pitching... rise ball pitchers with good velocity and very little drop on the ball. So we practiced staying on top of the pitch a little more. I believe the results I am seeing now might be because the additional training we put in to stay on top of the ball a little more.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
The difference I noticed in the two swings:
On the good swing, when her front foot lands she is done or nearly done moving her torso , head . belly button forward. And on the bad swing when her front foot comes down everything continues (leaks) forward.

Both are good swings. One is a little more proficient.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802